OgYouTube

Raymond

The latest version of the app is not connecting when Adguard is running and I have the default filters running and https filtering, it never used to say no Internet connection.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Raymond all other apps are ok? I wasn't able to reproduce the problem.

Please tell the exact version of Adguard and OGyoutube (just in case). Do you use VPN/proxy mode? Does it depend if you use WiFi or mobile data?

aegis

Administrator
Administrator
Can't reproduce, unfortunately.
OGYoutube 12.10.60-3.1U

@Raymond if you are still able to reproduce this issue, send us logs please

Superluminar

Not sure what you done but the issue has vanished all working well bar the sponsor ads up the top. :).
Sorry for the late response. What you have experienced is most likely not caused by AdGuard. OGYouTube occasionally has this very same issue you described since, I think v. 2.1. I'm guessing that you're logged in to your Google Account via OGYouTube's microG services. Next time you experience this, disconnect AdGuard, force close OGYouTube and clear its Cache. If the issue still persists, log out of your Google Account in the OGYouTube App while still being disconnected from AdGuard. This should isolate the issue.
I have experienced the same issue using OGYouTube.

OffTopic:
@vasily_bagirov @Boo Berry I'm kinda tired of Android after 8 years. Being bombarded with ads, not being able to root anymore because of Knox, warranty terms and now SafetyNet...anyway. Question is, can I use my license across mobile operating systems? If I bought an iOS device, for example?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Problem is, iOS has far more limited ad blocking capabilities (even without "rooting" aka Jailbreaking, which Adguard for iOS doesn't/likely can't take advantage of if available) than Android. Even stock/unrooted Android has better ad blocking capabilities than iOS does!

Personally, I'd just purchase an Android phone that's pretty easy to root. Something like the Google Pixel (the second one is coming soon according to rumors) comes to mind.

For example, you can't filter the iOS YouTube app at all (nor Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.). Actually, you really can't on Android either, but at least with root access you can *attempt* to use something like Xposed (which isn't yet available for Nougat and O) to remove the YouTube ads.

OGYouTube has ceased at least public development, so it's not really a workaround/solution anymore to the YouTube ads on Android issue (and I don't recommend using/running old versions of apps).

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Superluminar unfortunately, it is nigh impossible to introduce the license key system with iOS apps. We have to sell the app in the AppStore. Having that said, perhaps we could just substitute your mobile license with an Adguard for iOS promo key.

Superluminar

@Boo Berry Wow! I didn't know that. I just thought about how easily reversible Jailbreaking is. The problem is not that of accessibility of rooting procedures, but of Android's stance towards root in general. It's getting more and more difficult running a rooted device. Yeah, there's Magisk Hide but I'm almost certain it's not gonna be long until that too will be of no use. In fact, the only reason I still haven't rooted yet seems to be that I'm afraid I'll lose many of the apps I'm using. But enough of that. You made me realize I need to to more research on that matter.

@vasily_bagirov I understand that. Thank you, but for now there's no need for it. Still using Android =)

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I use Magisk for root (and hiding) and it works wonderfully. I can pass all SafetyNet tests with it and I have no issues using Android Pay, Netflix, Pokemon Go, etc. while rooted. IMO, reversing root is pretty easy too.

It is becoming harder to root, yes, but I believe it's because of the handset vendors (and CPU manufacturers and the carriers with locked bootloaders, etc.) and not Google themselves with Android per se. Especially Samsung, LG, HTC, etc. phones with all kinds of complications and caveats. AFAIK, rooting the Google Pixel is pretty simple and straightforward compared to those others (especially if you bought directly from Google, instead of a carrier).

This is why my next phone is likely the Google Pixel 2, when the root guides appear.

Superluminar

@Boo Berry I know you're right. Kind of having an anger problem here which makes me irrational. I'd love to use the Pixel, especially the Pixel XL. The thing, however, is that it's almost never available and when it is available there's still that horrendous price tag. Talking about in Germany, that is. If you want to buy it outside of Google's Device Store, prices are on average 80€ higher across all variants with a tendency to be even higher on the 128GB variants. Android has all kinds of tasty names but I taste bittersweet since Lollipop, thanks to Google's distribution policy and all the parties involved in making modifications to my own devices a headache.

Like last year, I'll try to get my hands on the Pixel 2. It looks awesome, to say the least.

Cool_Nick_Name

Beta Tester
@Boo Berry I know you're right. Kind of having an anger problem here which makes me irrational. I'd love to use the Pixel, especially the Pixel XL. The thing, however, is that it's almost never available and when it is available there's still that horrendous price tag. Talking about in Germany, that is. If you want to buy it outside of Google's Device Store, prices are on average 80€ higher across all variants with a tendency to be even higher on the 128GB variants. Android has all kinds of tasty names but I taste bittersweet since Lollipop, thanks to Google's distribution policy and all the parties involved in making modifications to my own devices a headache.

Like last year, I'll try to get my hands on the Pixel 2. It looks awesome, to say the least.
Sorry for reviving this dead post, but if you're looking for a cheapish reasonable phone that's easy to root it's the perfect moment for me to fanboy :D

I just got my Nextbit Robin, it comes shipped with a unlockable bootloader so it's really easy to root. Also rooting and installing custom ROMs doesn't void warranty, but that doesn't really matter anymore since all warranty for the Robin stops at the end of this month. On the good side that might reduce the price too :p

It's currently only $110 on Ebay, it's a pretty decent phone and I'm currently running it with Magisk and passing SafetyNet.

Superluminar

@Cool_Nick_Name I'm thinking about getting the Nextbit, too. But I'm concerned about the SD808 in it. Used to have the LG G4 with the same chipset. While the device performed well as long as you did easy tasks, the moment the device got under moderate to heavy load it would throttle the CPU to oblivion. GPS navigation was unusable for me. After 2 hours the device would get so hot, it would freeze and then reboot. It would get too hot to touch. Using the device after GPS usage for more than half an hour required a 5 to 10 minute cool-down period because it would get so laggy, every interaction would have at least 2 seconds of lag. Get this; it would get so hot, the LCD display suffered heavy screen retention at the top area, where the SoC sits and the thermal stress is the highest. Yes, an LCD display suffering screen retention, something only known to happen on subpar AMOLED screens and pre-Obama era Plasma TVs.
This meant, the battery life was below-average for me. Thankfully the G4 had a removable battery and I had an original spare battery with an external battery charger. I could go from 0% to 100% in less than 5 seconds. The Nextbit Robin doesn't even have that.
Tl;dr Using the Nextbit Robin for the ability to root without repercussions is too big of a compromise for me.

We're going waaay OT here. I hope that's ok. Is that ok Mods?

Cool_Nick_Name

Beta Tester
@Cool_Nick_Name I'm thinking about getting the Nextbit, too. But I'm concerned about the SD808 in it. Used to have the LG G4 with the same chipset. While the device performed well as long as you did easy tasks, the moment the device got under moderate to heavy load it would throttle the CPU to oblivion. GPS navigation was unusable for me. After 2 hours the device would get so hot, it would freeze and then reboot. It would get too hot to touch. Using the device after GPS usage for more than half an hour required a 5 to 10 minute cool-down period because it would get so laggy, every interaction would have at least 2 seconds of lag. Get this; it would get so hot, the LCD display suffered heavy screen retention at the top area, where the SoC sits and the thermal stress is the highest. Yes, an LCD display suffering screen retention, something only known to happen on subpar AMOLED screens and pre-Obama era Plasma TVs.
This meant, the battery life was below-average for me. Thankfully the G4 had a removable battery and I had an original spare battery with an external battery charger. I could go from 0% to 100% in less than 5 seconds. The Nextbit Robin doesn't even have that.
Tl;dr Using the Nextbit Robin for the ability to root without repercussions is too big of a compromise for me.

We're going waaay OT here. I hope that's ok. Is that ok Mods?
I hope it's okay with the mods:rolleyes:

Before I got my Robin I had the LG G3, which overheated and had a terrible battery life too. The Robin does get kinda hot after heavy use, but nothing comparable to my G3. Also even though the battery is not removable it lasts pretty long so that's not really something to worry about.