Opera Neon automatic support

Bushido

Opera has release a new web-browser Opera Neon. After installing it, Adguard for Windows does not automatically recognize it via Filtered Apps nor via Add application. I clicked ,,Browse for executable..." and hinted .exe location (X:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Opera Software\Opera Neon\Application). After that everything is working as usual.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Issue is known and should be added in one of the next updates (probably the next one).

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Don't know, max RAM it is using here is only 16,5 MB.
Also there is a difference between Extension and a full version like Adguard for Windows.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'd just like to point out that the screenshots are from 2015.

Also, I've no idea what the situation is today. Frankly, both Raymond (with uBlock) and Dave (with Adblock Plus) do an excellent work, and we're also trying to do our best. IMO, 10-20 Mb does not mean much, what's really important is how good it is in ad blocking.

Bushido

10-20 Mb is quite less yes. Thank you for achiving that But if there is there a chance to block ads and elements from websites only with Adguard for Windows? If a little Adguard icon could be integrated to Adguard for Windows and then extension for browsers comes useless. The best thing about that is that no extensions is needed and so browsers are faster/more responsive and take less RAM. Overall, there is much more RAM available and OS looks speedier. This also simplifies the choice for a new Adguard user in deciding, which to choose - software or extension.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Bushido hm so you don't have this icon under any circumstances, on any websites? Check if you have Assistant enabled in Adguard settings -> Extensions, and that extensions themselves are enabled.

Bushido

I have extensions and Assistant enabled. I just figured out that disabling extension can still show Assistant. :D
So, if I have a Adguard for Windows installed, it's service running in the background and Assistand enabled, then there is no need of extension for browsers?
But the problem is that Assistant don't show up on all websites. Where Assistant don't appear, the only easy solution to block en element is to block it via extension. -.-

Last edited:

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Bushido that's right, if you have Adguard for Windows running, the browser extension is not necessary - although, some find it handy and use it in integration mode instead of Assistant.

So, you don't have Assistant shown on any of websites? Is it happening in all browsers or some particular browser?