Option to pay for Android stand-alone subscription

Discussion in 'Feature Requests (AdGuard for Android)' started by Menubalk, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Menubalk

Menubalk New Member

Hi there!

First of all, I love your service!
    I absolutely love the VPN solution you guys have for the Android version, works very good (and without root!).
    I'm a bit stupefied about the prices for premium though.. 20 Euro a year is quite a high pricepoint on Android. Very little apps/subscription services cost that much. The lifetime version is even more disconcerting at 50 euros. Only expensive Satnav software reaches those prices..

I do realize you pay that much because of the PC license included. PC-only license is 15 euro a year, or 40 euro for lifetime. However, I only use the Android app, and have no need for a PC license.

My proposal: Split the Android license (for those who want it, you can keep the combo deal for those who want the combo!).

Yearly license: 20 - 15 (PC) = 5 euro
    Lifetime license: 50 - 40 (PC) = 10 euro

My guess is I'm not alone in this and a lot more Android users would convert to premium if the prices weren't high as a mountain..

Cheers,
    Menu

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2015
  2. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I think you are right and in future we'll change the pricing policy.

We just can't do it fast, this change is rather huge.

3. Menubalk

Menubalk New Member

Thanks for the response!

Also, I'd suggest making some noise on the XDA forum and on Android Police about having a non-root Adblocking method that works for all traffic, not just HTTP (= web browser) traffic. It puts you miles ahead of Adblock Plus and other blockers (the VPN solution, that is).