outlook.live.com (mobile/Android) missed ads + adbblock detection

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Can't check on Android atm, but for Windows (not even without adblockers I see ads):

Only seeing adblock detection for Beta view:
Code:
@@||aolcdn.com/ads/adsWrapperMSNI.js$domain=outlook.live.com
Normal mode:
Code:
@@||res.office365.com/adbar/*/adbar.js$domain=outlook.live.com
Rule to remove right side completely for Beta view:
Code:
outlook.live.com###app div[class][data-min-width][data-max-width] ~ div[class][-ext-has='div[id^="owaadbar"]']
Normal mode:
Code:
outlook.live.com###primaryContainer > div[-ext-has='#owaadbar']

Attachments

Last edited:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Nice @Blaz thanks! I still see the ad (like in the first image) using Android, Chrome and Outlook, but it deals with the desktop ads (and the adblock detection with both desktop and Android). It *should* be possible to reproduce this too on the desktop using a portable browser (e.g. portable Chromium or Firefox) and forcing a Android/mobile user agent of a somewhat recent Android/iOS Chrome or Safari version. I'll see if I can get this going in a bit and reproduce this (along with what element(s) it's using). :)

I'll also move this thread to the correct Missed Ads section and rename it. @Avenger in the future please post these to the correct forums section, since missed ads and adblock detections like these are not Firefox browser extension-specific, but affect all browsers and products (but to some degree, the first main issue is a mobile issue).

Avenger

Nice @Blaz thanks! I still see the ad (like in the first image) using Android, Chrome and Outlook, but it deals with the desktop ads (and the adblock detection with both desktop and Android). It *should* be possible to reproduce this too on the desktop using a portable browser (e.g. portable Chromium or Firefox) and forcing a Android/mobile user agent of a somewhat recent Android/iOS Chrome or Safari version. I'll see if I can get this going in a bit and reproduce this (along with what element(s) it's using). :)

I'll also move this thread to the correct Missed Ads section and rename it. @Avenger in the future please post these to the correct forums section, since missed ads and adblock detections like these are not Firefox browser extension-specific, but affect all browsers and products (but to some degree, the first main issue is a mobile issue).
Can't check on Android atm, but for Windows (not even without adblockers I see ads):

Only seeing adblock detection for Beta view:
Code:
@@||aolcdn.com/ads/adsWrapperMSNI.js$domain=outlook.live.com
Normal mode:
Code:
@@||res.office365.com/adbar/*/adbar.js$domain=outlook.live.com
Rule to remove right side completely for Beta view:
Code:
outlook.live.com###app div[class][data-min-width][data-max-width] ~ div[class][-ext-has='div[id^="owaadbar"]']
Normal mode:
Code:
outlook.live.com###primaryContainer > div[-ext-has='#owaadbar']
These ads are still present even after updating to the most recent filters today.

UMX

If that's the case why do these ads only show in an android broswer and not a desktop one?
raw guesses:
- different filter sets
- 'optimized' (weakened by simplification to achieve better speed) mobile filters
- (surprisingly ;)) mobiles are served different websites (a.k.a. "mobile version")

Avenger

raw guesses:
- different filter sets
- 'optimized' (weakened by simplification to achieve better speed) mobile filters
- (surprisingly ;)) mobiles are served different websites (a.k.a. "mobile version")
So how does this get fixed?

Avenger

by using the bloody "YT Vanced" app or by requesting a refund bc AdGuard deceited you (yeah, you really thought any software was really able to cover all apps and ads)...
That's why I'm reporting it wise guy. So that it gets fixed. One would think that would be a priority for an adblocker that claims to be "the world's most advanced".

For the record these ads are still being displayed on mobile.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
@Boo Berry

Can you please try this rule based on your code snip:
Code:
outlook.live.com##.conductorContent .scrollContainer div[role="heading"][-ext-has='> div.ms-fwt-r > span[class]']
outlook.live.com##.conductorContent .scrollContainer > div[-ext-has='.__Microsoft_Owa_MessageListAds_ListView_templates_cs_V']

Last edited:

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Thanks for testing.
Will wait for further replies until Sunday and will add it then.