outlook.live.com (mobile/Android) missed ads + adbblock detection

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
@Boo Berry
Try this rule:
Code:
outlook.live.com##.conductorContent .scrollContainer div[role="heading"][-ext-has='> div.ms-fwt-r > span[class]']
You can remove the previous rule with "heading".

Last edited:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Yep, works perfectly now on both Android/Chrome and Chromium desktop with changed user agent.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
@Boo Berry
So to summarize we need the following rules:
Code:
outlook.live.com##.conductorContent .scrollContainer div[role="heading"][-ext-has='> div.ms-fwt-r > span[class]']
outlook.live.com##.conductorContent .scrollContainer > div[-ext-has='.__Microsoft_Owa_MessageListAds_ListView_templates_cs_V']
@@||aolcdn.com/ads/adsWrapperMSNI.js$domain=outlook.live.com
@@||res.office365.com/adbar/*/adbar.js$domain=outlook.live.com
outlook.live.com###app div[class][data-min-width][data-max-width] ~ div[class][-ext-has='div[id^="owaadbar"]']
outlook.live.com###primaryContainer > div[-ext-has='#owaadbar']
Did I forgot one or is there still an issue with this site? The heading rule is also usable without [-ext-has , but this way it is safer.

@Adam
Could you please check iOS, thank you.

For iOS we can use these following two rules for the ad emails, but not sure about their safety:
outlook.live.com##.conductorContent .scrollContainer > div[style="height: 88px;"]:not([class]):not([id])
outlook.live.com##.conductorContent .scrollContainer div[role="heading"]

Last edited:

Adam

Filters Developer
Staff member
I don't see any ads and antiadblock notice on iOS on my end.
I added those rules:
Code:
outlook.live.com##.conductorContent .scrollContainer > div[style="height: 88px;"]:not([class]):not([id])
and I think it doesn't break anything, but it would be better if someone who can reproduce ads and adblock notice test it.

Avenger

Have these filters been updated?

I updated today and the ads in the initial post are still present on mobile.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Try clearing the Android web browser's cache and/or disabling and re-enabling AG's protection. I just checked and the rules are still working on Android.

Avenger

Try clearing the Android web browser's cache and/or disabling and re-enabling AG's protection. I just checked and the rules are still working on Android.
I just updated the filters again. Cleared every single possible history option (including the cache) in the browser settings, disabled and re-enabled adguard and the ads are still very much present when logging into outlook

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Can't reproduce, still blocked here.

You might have to manually add some of the rules posted above to your user filter (as I don't know which rules were added to the Mobile filter). I did, and they're working for me.

Otherwise, make sure you're using the Annoyances filter.

Avenger

Can't reproduce, still blocked here.

You might have to manually add some of the rules posted above to your user filter (as I don't know which rules were added to the Mobile filter). I did, and they're working for me.

Otherwise, make sure you're using the Annoyances filter.
I manually added all 6 of the rules posted above, cleared all history settings, disabled and re-enabled adguard and the ads are still present...

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
I only can reproduce the ads without the two rules above.

I don't see any ads and antiadblock notice on iOS on my end.
I added those rules:
Code:
and I think it doesn't break anything, but it would be better if someone who can reproduce ads and adblock notice test it.
I can't find them in any filter list @Adam

Adam

Filters Developer
Staff member
Oh, I meant that I added them to user filter (not to English filter or any other).
When I was checking it on iOS, I didn't saw any ads even without these rules.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
For iOS we can use these following two rules for the ad emails, but not sure about their safety:
Added to Mobile filter.