Pause for <X> Minutes

turbocon

Currently we have a pause button in the persistant notification, which is very useful, however I very often pause with the intention of doing something quickly, then forget to un-pause Adguard, as a result Adguard stays in a non-active state for far longer than I intended. A configurable option to change pause to something like "Pause for 5 minutes" would be an excellent improvement.

Chinaski

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
@turbocon
Hello there!

Actually, I don't think that's relevant. When you go to your browser and see the ads you realize that the protection is off. We are still leaving space in the curtain for a more interesting option.
But in any case, if you want, you can create a corresponding task on the GitHub marked with a feature request

redminki

You may be overlooking the fact that disabling Adguard disables more than just ad blocking. If you have firewall rules setup do those still work when protection is paused? Users may be unintentionally pausing for longer than they intended to. I know I have.
@turbocon
Hello there!

Actually, I don't think that's relevant. When you go to your browser and see the ads you realize that the protection is off. We are still leaving space in the curtain for a more interesting option.
But in any case, if you want, you can create a corresponding task on the GitHub marked with a feature request