Permanent notification WITHOUT key-icon in status bar - it is possible

Justin

Hi, just have purchased my license, thanks. (Android 4.x/5.x)

There is just one annoying thing: The key-icon in status bar.

Many apps have the same problem, when permanent notification is needed. Usually they set the icon invisible (or have A user option to do it). Advantage:
- It is not visible in status bar
- It is not visible in lock screen (important)
- But you can see the AdGuard notification, if you pull down the notification bar, so you have full control and easy access to AdGuard

Example apps with this excellent behavior: Tasker, 3G Watchdog Pro and many more

I Would love AdGuard to have the same behavior (or a user option for this).

Thanks

Dario12v

Hi, just have purchased my license, thanks. (Android 4.x/5.x)

There is just one annoying thing: The key-icon in status bar.

Many apps have the same problem, when permanent notification is needed. Usually they set the icon invisible (or have A user option to do it). Advantage:
- It is not visible in status bar
- It is not visible in lock screen (important)
- But you can see the AdGuard notification, if you pull down the notification bar, so you have full control and easy access to AdGuard

Example apps with this excellent behavior: Tasker, 3G Watchdog Pro and many more

I Would love AdGuard to have the same behavior (or a user option for this).

Thanks
Desperately needed! !!!
Note 5 t-mobile here
Love this app!! Works great ..
But
Notifications on not bar and on lock screen are driving me crazy!!!!!!!!
Too intrusive
That's 3 notifications for one app... notification bar, key icon, lockscreen notification
Please fix!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

View attachment 3196

Justin

@Dario12v:
This is not exactly what I meant.

Permanent notification is needed, so it probably will not be possible to remove it. No problem, see #3 in my post.

BUT: Icon in status bar (which is also responsible for lock screen notification) should be hidden (in my opinion). See #1, #2 in my post.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The problem with this notification is that we can't control it.

It is Android's notification about any active VPN connection.

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

More than this, this notification presence and appearance also depends on the device.
Normally in Lollipop it is a small key icon in the right corner of the screen.
But some devices has larger key icon (like common notification icon) in the left-top corner.

What for lock screen notification, you may try using the way from this article:
http://fieldguide.gizmodo.com/keep-your-sensitive-info-off-the-lock-screen-in-android-1660573644