Pie Problems (Android 9)

DirkGently

Using Pie with my usual Chrome and Adguard settings, launching a website from a Bookmark will briefly display a 'Connection Interrupted' page before loading the website. If i use the Address Bar to launch the same sites, either typing the URL or letting autocomplete do it, the website loads directly.

Let me stress again, this only happens when loading a website from a Bookmark in Chrome. Tried with DNS on and off. Firewall is off. Toggled everything i could in Adguard settings but still the same. Firefox is fine.

Edit: I have tested this after clean installing several Pie ROMs, on two different devices now. With some Chrome will show the warning and then load the webpage, with others it stops at the warning until Reload is pressed. I've tested several versions of Chrome too. They all behave the same.

It's the same whether i am on Wifi or on Mobile Data.

Attachments

Last edited:

TheHasagi

Quality Assurance / Support Commando
Staff member
Administrator
@DirkGently

Can you try without QUIC enabled in Chrome? (Chrome - new tab - chrome://flags - QUIC - set to Disabled)

DirkGently

@DirkGently

Can you try without QUIC enabled in Chrome? (Chrome - new tab - chrome://flags - QUIC - set to Disabled)
I'll try it when i get home. Thanks.

Edit: It didn't help unfortunately. I fear that this is a Google snafu that they alone will be able to fix. The combination of their own Browser on their own OS was an accident waiting to happen.

Last edited:

TheHasagi

Staff member
Administrator
@DirkGently

The last thing is to clear the cache of Chrome browser. Please, clear the cache and check.

TheHasagi

Staff member
Administrator
@DirkGently

Well, beyond doubt there are some inconsistencies and issues with DNS and your work wifi network. But with the broken HTTPS web pages - Did you tried to re-install certificate? (AdGuard - Settings - HTTPS filtering - Reinstall certificate)

DirkGently

@DirkGently

Well, beyond doubt there are some inconsistencies and issues with DNS and your work wifi network. But with the broken HTTPS web pages - Did you tried to re-install certificate? (AdGuard - Settings - HTTPS filtering - Reinstall certificate)
The same thing happens whether on wifi or mobile network. The certificate was installed fresh with every clean install of ROM and App.

As this only happens with Chrome, i think it's safe to say it's a Chrome bug and leave it there. I've switched to Firefox now. Thanks for the efforts.

Bastian

I have the same problem with AdGuard running on Android Pie with my Galaxy S9 (Stock firmware, unrootet). But not only that, I also have problems with WifiCalling (Vodafone Germany) and the Google backup feature of WhatsApp. Only when I disable the filtering of "Android OS" or "WhatsApp", it works fine. That happens whether on wifi or mobile network. Does anybody have the same Problem?

DirkGently

@Bastian

Hello!

Try to update for the latest Nightly build (this issue has been solved).
No difference for me. Updated to Nightly, restarted phone and tried to no avail. Loading from a Bookmark in Chrome still shows the 'Connection Interrupted' page and won't progress until 'Retry' is pressed. Loading the same Bookmark by typing it's name into the Omnibox and selecting it from the drop-down works fine, or clicking on a Bookmark in the New Tab Page is also fine.

It's just the Bookmarks that are saved and accessed through the Bookmark Manager. I'll attach my logs in case there's anything there that's of use.

Attachments

DirkGently

@Bastian

I don't know about you but i've gotten used to typing the Bookmark name into the Address Bar and loading it from there now.

Chrome sure does have it's issues, but i can't bring myself to like anything else. Other Browsers have even more issues, (although not this one apparently).

DirkGently

@TheHasagi

I changed logging level to 'Everything', went straight to Chrome and tried loading r/Android from Boomark. Pressed 'Reload' when the warning came up. Returned to AG to export the Log. See attached:

Attachments