Pie Problems (Android 9)

DirkGently

@DirkGently

Can you try to disable the Stealth mode and all filters except AdGuard Base filter and check?

Didn't help i'm afraid. Honestly, Google will have to fix their Browser. From a Google search i can see that this error is common even on the Desktop Chrome Browser for people using a VPN. I think it would be a miracle if you were able to fix it in AG. I really appreciate your efforts though. It's very kind of you to try.

DirkGently

FYI I cannot reproduce this bug with Android Pie (MIUI) and Chrome.
There may be a clue in there somewhere. The ROM is definitely a factor. After all this doesn't happen on Oreo, and even on Pie the behaviour can be different depending on the ROM. On some AOSP ROMs Chrome gets stuck on the warning until Reload is pressed. On other ROMs the warning only shows for a second and then the webpage loads.

BobbyPhoenix

Using Pie with my usual Chrome and Adguard settings, launching a website from a Bookmark will briefly display a 'Connection Interrupted' page before loading the website. If i use the Address Bar to launch the same sites, either typing the URL or letting autocomplete do it, the website loads directly.

Let me stress again, this only happens when loading a website from a Bookmark in Chrome. Tried with DNS on and off. Firewall is off. Toggled everything i could in Adguard settings but still the same. Firefox is fine.

Edit: I have tested this after clean installing several Pie ROMs, on two different devices now. With some Chrome will show the warning and then load the webpage, with others it stops at the warning until Reload is pressed. I've tested several versions of Chrome too. They all behave the same.

It's the same whether i am on Wifi or on Mobile Data.
Just chiming in my 2 cents. I get this also on Chrome. Not all the time, but here and there. It only lasts about a second, and then the page loads normally for me. I'm on a stock Pixel 3 XL on Android 9. It's weird that Chrome has this problem for me, and with Firefox I get a resend message (I have a thread on it here). Each issue is unique to each browser.

jz68

Is this problem still being looked into by the developers? I just paid for Adguard a week ago, upgraded to Pie yesterday and am now having to deal with this issue every time I want to browse the internet.

Please update the status.

BACILIYATSIA

I'll try it when i get home. Thanks.

Edit: It didn't help unfortunately FileZilla Malwarebytes Rufus. I fear that this is a Google snafu that they alone will be able to fix. The combination of their own Browser on their own OS was an accident waiting to happen.
Using Pie with my usual Chrome and Adguard settings, launching a website from a Bookmark will briefly display a 'Connection Interrupted' page before loading the website. If i use the Address Bar to launch the same sites, either typing the URL or letting autocomplete do it, the website loads directly.

Last edited:

DirkGently

This issue is fixed for me with the new release! Good job AG Team. :)

Spoke too soon. Today it's back to normal. Sorry for the false report.

Last edited: