please put AdGuard CA.cer away from TEMP folder

Discussion in 'Feature Requests (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Dolfi, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Dolfi

Dolfi Banned

Hi,

As it is necessary to import the Adguard root CA for seamless functionality of HTTPS filtering it was great you made sure it cannot be easily/accidentially deleted.
    Depending on the device/OS it is more or less easy to import it and it was great one hadn't to do this more than once.

Thank you,
    Dolfi

(my workaround: I saved the file to my pw database so I can easily restore it. But that's beyond average users habits)

2. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

This folder is not temporary despite it's name:)

Btw, the right path is %programdata%\Adguard\Network\Temp.

Also deleting this folder is not a serious issues, sometimes it even may be a solution.
    Adguard will generate and import new root cert automatically.

What for Firefox cert import issues I think we should find a better solution than manual import.

3. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

That kinda gives me several ideas on how to address this issue.

1) (If possible) detect whether or not the certificate is present when starting Firefox (or any of its derivatives). If it isn't present, prompt the user about it and give the option to restart the browser (importing the certificate in the process).
    2) Certificate reset within the Adguard interface. This would be the same as deleting the Temp folder except it'd be automatic - it'd prompt the user to close all browsers, clear the Temp folder, regenerate the certificate, import the new certificate into browsers that need it and finally restart the browsers.

The problem here, of course, is portable browsers.

4. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator