Popup Blocker and Desktop app?

BioBoostedOne

Two questions:
1. Does the built-in popup blocker in the desktop app actually work? If so, it seems to miss a lot.
2. How do you install the standalone Popup Blocker v2.1 in the desktop app? I've installed it into Safari with Tampermonkey, but I really want it at the desktop level.

Thanks.

Bruno

I did not this website good to know, thanks!

For the fun of it I tried all the tests and I never got any pop up. 100% ok on my side.

Bruno

I did not this website good to know, thanks!

For the fun of it I tried all the tests and I never got any pop up. 100% ok on my side.
You are sure you have Safari and Adguard pop up blockers active?

Code:
https://ibb.co/kUBavb

Last edited:

BioBoostedOne

Thanks for trying that. Actually, I've purposely turned off the Safari one, as I want one that provides selective blocking (not all or nothing). I definitely have the Adguard one on and it does nothing. If you turn your Safari blocker off and just rely on the Adguard one, does it actually block the popups? I did install the Adguard PopUp Blocker 2.1 userscript on Chrome and that works just fine, but not if I turn off that and the built-in Chrome blocker. The Adguard Mac Desktop popup extension doesn't work under either browser for me.

Bruno

True without Safari active "some" windows are popping up, in my my new tabs instead of real pop up windows. However, I notice that Adguard blocks "most wanted" pop ups, which means not all of them.

After saying that, I do not see why you do not want to block all pop ups. Not legitimate sites are using pop up technology anymore. I get some kind of pop up from my bank, but I guess there are not real ones, so it works without problem. Honestly, I will block everything and then check if there is an issue with a certain website.
Also, if Adguard was blocking ALL pop up like Safari, you will end up on the same conclusion.
So my advice, blocks everything.