Possible for scripts to supersede AdGuard rules?

Discussion in 'Quality Control' started by Cary, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Cary

Cary Beta Tester

Greetings!

I have installed various redirect bypass scripts via userscripts.org, and it seems the very nature of the script is at odds with (and rightly so) of Adguard. If I use Violent Monkey as a script GUI and install the AdFight! script, I can bypass third party redirects. However, if I install the script in Adguard, if I want to bypass a linkbucks page, Adguard properly advises against a malicious site and defeats the user script. If I untick the malicious site filter, AdGuard still blocks the script.

Perhaps an option for expert users to tick (prefaced with a stern warning) would allow the user to supersede Adguard's functionality. I know it is completely contradictory to your product's mission, but for some scripts to work, it would seem global permission would need to be granted to the script in question.

What say you?

2. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hi!

I don't think the problem is in malware filter.
    We'll do some tests with this adflight script. Maybe there is a bug in our usercripts functionality.

3. avatar

We've done a research.

This userscript (adflight) checks execution context and disables itself if it is executed not from browser extension.

4. Cary

Cary Beta Tester

Thanks for looking into this Avatar. Maybe you could grace us with your own script?:D

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  5. avatar

We'll make it but we should make some improvements of our userscripts manager.
    Next week in the next beta-version.

6. Venky

Venky Beta Tester

Looking forward to userscript support in future Adguard versions... Keep up the good work.