"PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR" using Firefox

Patate

Hi!

I have installed AdGuard 7.6.1 on my partner's computer, with a standard lifetime license. They use Firefox and have been having trouble accessing some websites while it is on, with the same error message : PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR
The first time they saw it was when trying to log in their youtube account -and then twitter as well.

I did some investigating and also got it when trying to access support.mozilla.org but was able to log into twitter.
Disabling AdGuard makes the error message disappear.
Disabling DNS protection only works in the first few seconds / minutes, the error message is back not long after.
Disabling stealth mode doesn't change anything, the error message is still here.

Thank you for your time :)

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Can you confirm that AdGuard for Windows' certificate is installed in Firefox? If not, that's probably why.

Hyperspace

I discovered what the problem is. It's the WFP network driver on Adgaurd that was causing the problem. Turn it off and Firefox works perfectly. I discovered it by accident because for the past 2 weeks something was causing my router to crash multiple times a day. I needlessly replaced my router and that didn't solve the problem. Replaced my coax and fittings and that didn't solve the problem. Reinstalled Windows and that didn't solve the problem. Updated all my network drivers and that didn't solve the problem. Then I started looking at Adgaurd and turning settings off and back on and discovered it was the WFP network driver that was causing all the problem. Turned it off and no more router crashes. Then I discovered Firefox now works like it should.

I needlessly went through 2 weeks of hell troubleshooting everything only to find out it was Adguard. I wish I would have started with that then it would have saved me time, money, and headaches.

jsgjunk

...WFP network driver that was causing all the problem. Turned it off and no more router crashes. Then I discovered Firefox now works like it should.

I needlessly went through 2 weeks of hell troubleshooting everything only to find out it was Adguard. I wish I would have started with that then it would have saved me time, money, and headaches.
I've been struggling with this for a while. I followed your suggestion here and it seems to have fixed it! I have been having router issues as well and I had no clue AdGuard could have been the culprit. Hopefully the router issues stop as well. Thank you!

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
If disabling the WFP driver fixes it, there has to be some other software (e.g. antivirus) running on your PC causing an incompatibility with the WFP driver.

jsgjunk

If disabling the WFP driver fixes it, there has to be some other software (e.g. antivirus) running on your PC causing an incompatibility with the WFP driver.
Thanks for your reply. It seems to be specific to Firefox. I tried with Edge and Chrome and they both work fine. I've messed around with the settings in Firefox and I can't seem to figure out which setting conflicts. Any ideas?