Problems when upgrading to 7.9 RC

s911415

Problems when upgrading to 7.9 RC

When I upgraded from 7.9 beta 1 to RC 2, I have the following issue:

1. The HTTP proxy port before the update are not preserved

2. Adguard service crashed after the upgrade, I need to uninstall and clear my setting, when I enable it, I upgraded without any issue.

Setting before upgrade:

Network/Traffic filtering

- Enable traffic filtering: off

- Use WFP network driver: off

- Use Adguard as an HTTP proxy: on, custom port

Error message:

Code:
INFO, AdguardSvc, 14, 17.02.2022 17:52:40.628, ApplicationState: Starting network filtering...
ERROR, AdguardSvc, 5, 17.02.2022 17:52:41.117, Reloading the network filtering failed with an error: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: collection
Source: mscorlib
Stack trace:    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at AdGuard.Utils.Collections.CollectionUtils.UnionCollections[T](IEnumerable`1 firstCollection, IEnumerable`1 secondCollection)
   at Adguard.Core.Api.CoreApi.ReloadNetworkFiltering(CoreApiConfiguration newCoreApiConfiguration, Boolean force)

ERROR, AdguardSvc, 5, 17.02.2022 17:52:41.117, Error during reloading CoreFiltering Value cannot be null.
INFO, AdguardSvc, 5, 17.02.2022 17:52:41.117, Changing filtering status from "Filter" to "Error"
ERROR, AdguardSvc, 5, 17.02.2022 17:52:41.117, Cannot reload the network filtering: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Stack trace:    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at AdGuard.Utils.Collections.CollectionUtils.UnionCollections[T](IEnumerable`1 firstCollection, IEnumerable`1 secondCollection)
   at Adguard.Core.Api.CoreApi.ReloadNetworkFiltering(CoreApiConfiguration newCoreApiConfiguration, Boolean force)
   at v7AgmU6ZqF58E1dmyFI.GF6PtJdUb(Object , CoreApiConfiguration , Boolean , v7AgmU6ZqF58E1dmyFI )
   at Adguard.Service.Filtering.NetworkFilteringService.m1deY7OGuP(DnsProxyPorts  , Boolean  )
   at Adguard.Service.Filtering.NetworkFilteringService.CVceW2Njcj(Boolean  , Boolean  )

INFO, AdguardSvc, 5, 17.02.2022 17:52:41.132, Start aborting with the managed exception ...
INFO, AdguardSvc, 5, 17.02.2022 17:52:41.132, Start handling the exception:
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
   at v7AgmU6ZqF58E1dmyFI.GF6PtJdUb(Object , CoreApiConfiguration , Boolean , v7AgmU6ZqF58E1dmyFI )
   at Adguard.Service.Filtering.NetworkFilteringService.m1deY7OGuP(DnsProxyPorts  , Boolean  )
   at Adguard.Service.Filtering.NetworkFilteringService.CVceW2Njcj(Boolean  , Boolean  )

huntllcx

I have the same problem.
I only enabled http proxy(on 65000 port) in the old version, but when I upgraded to the 7.9, it was crashed, unable to connect to Adgurard Service.
I have to uninstall Adguard and clear all settings, and then I reinstalled it, unfortunately, it crashed again when I tried to enable HTTP proxy on port 65000.
What can I do now?

cryogent

Same here, i'm unable to make it work after upgrading to v 7.9 from 7.9RC2.
I have another computer with v7.8 and there is working perfectly.
So i believe is something wrong with v7.9.
Both computer have lifetime license.

Where i can find a old version to download?
Especially v7.9 RC or v7.9RC2, or even the old one 7.8 stable

Last edited:

steve1209

Beta Tester
Same here, i'm unable to make it work after upgrading to v 7.9 from 7.9RC2.
I have another computer with v7.8 and there is working perfectly.
So i believe is something wrong with v7.9.
Both computer have lifetime license.

Where i can find a old version to download?
Especially v7.9 RC or v7.9RC2, or even the old one 7.8 stable
Try looking here to see what you want
Releases · AdguardTeam/AdguardForWindows · GitHub

Just dropping my 2 cents. 7.8 was flawless. Chrome and Firefox pages opened instantly. Updated to 7.9, and now 7.9.1, and all websites take at least 3-5 seconds to load. I reset my settings, and re-added them thinking something messed up, but 7.9(.1) is so slow to open pages. Funny thing is once a site is loaded any links clicked within that page are instant. It's just visiting a new site for the first time takes about 5 seconds to load.

EDIT - And I know it is AdGuard for Windows because I disabled it, and just used the browser extension with the same basic settings, and all pages were instant. Disabled extension, re-enabled AdGuard for Windows, and 5 second delay again.

Last edited:
Just a quick update. I'm not sure what changed (I didn't change anything, but Windows updates did install yesterday, so maybe something there?), but Chrome seems to be back to full speed. Firefox still lags, but it's quicker now. About 2 seconds down from 5. Hmmm

Another quick update. I've been trying to get Firefox back up to speed, so I did the usual clear cookies and cache, rebooted, checked for updates, but it was still slower than normal until today. I don't know what changed, but now both Chrome and Firefox are back up to speed. Go figure. LOL

Well I'm back again. It's been random, but Firefox, Chrome, and Edge are all much slower with AdGuard for Windows (AfW) enabled than with only the browser extension. I even uninstalled it, and downloaded a fresh copy, but it's still the same. With AfW enabled pages take 5 seconds longer to load than without it enabled. All filters and DNS settings are the same on both AfW and the extension. Firefox is the slowest being 5 seconds to load compared to Chrome at about 2-3 seconds. I even tried to change channels to Beta, but when I selected that channel in AfW nothing happened. How do you change channels?