Purchasing Lifetime Option

Sharon

I've got about 5 days left on my trial and have been impressed with Adguard. I am thinking of purchasing the Lifetime option instead of the yearly. I have a question: when you purchase Lifetime what happens if in a couple of years you get a new computer. Is there a code or how would a person go about being able to transfer their Lifetime purchase over to the new computer? I just don't want to purchase the Lifetime option if there is going to be a hassle proving I have a new computer and not using Adguard on the old one as well.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Sharon hello and welcome to AdGuard forum!

When you purchase a license, it becomes attached to your personal account on adguard.com. You can reset it at any time, meaning unbind it from the current computer/phone/whatever and then activate it again on another.

No proof needed, you can do it yourself at any time when you feel like it.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
When you purchase a license from the main Adguard website, you also sign up for an Adguard account that allows you to view and unbind activations of a license. Meaning if you get a new PC, you can log into the account on the main website and unbind the current activation on the old PC and just activate the key on the new PC.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Vasily! :p

Marie NaVeaux

I'm new in the forum--bought Adguard a year ago, it was due to expire in 18 days from now. However, it quit working about 2 weeks ago, even though the symbol was still visible in the bottom/rt of screen. Now I bought the lifetime membership and I'm hoping that will reactivate the blocking of ads? I guess I'll have to let you know if it works.?