Q: dangerous request blocked...what specific danger?

Discussion in 'Discussion (AdGuard for Mac)' started by laughing bear, Feb 3, 2016.

1. laughing bear

laughing bear New Member

Greetings,

after listening to the ever funny "Oh no, Ross and Carrie" podcast about scientology, out of curiousity I went to one of their websites, and Adguard blocked access with the dangerous request warning. Clicking on advanced I was linked to a site where further explanations were given, but no specifics as to what threat this site my pose.

Is my understanding correct when I think this is just a filter used from WOT to warn about possibly unsafe sites? Or is there more to it and Adguard detected malware or malicious code of some sort?

Just trying to understand how that warning mechanism works.

Thx
    G

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

3. laughing bear

laughing bear New Member

Hi Boo Berry,

thanks for the link. 10% of all known sites? Geeze.... I got stuck with the google safe browsing api link, there is version 2.3 as well, but I am sure you know that already.

All I can say is that this above mentioned site Adguard flagged as unsafe, and google did the opposite, called it safe. Generally speaking, I am suspicious about anything that comes from google, but that's just me.

4. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hi!

What was the blocked site address?

We'd better double check it manually.

5. laughing bear

laughing bear New Member

6. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hello! I have removed abovementioned websites from blacklist.

7. SAlminho

SAlminho New Member

I got stuck with the google safe browsing api link, there is version 2.3 as well, but I am sure you know that already.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2019
  8. karimkarim

karimkarim New Member

Is my understanding correct when I think this is just a filter used from WOT to warn about possibly unsafe sites? Or is there more to it and Adguard detected malware or malicious code of some sort?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  9. Chinaski

Chinaski Support Marine Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hello!
    WOT (Expansion) simply shows the overall ranking of sites. And you can check AdGuard blocking by this link.