Question about filters

Discussion in 'Discussion (Adguard for iOS)' started by Bruno, Apr 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Bruno

Bruno Member

Hello.

I'm a bit confused about the filters.

1. "Safari Content Blocking" offers User Filters and Whitelist.

2. However in "System-wide Ad Blocking" we also have Whitelist and Blacklist. And it says it "filters all apps not only Safari, which means all apps and Safari.

So what is the difference with the previous filter in "Safari Content Blocking"?

Thanks
    B.

2. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

We decided to separate Content Blocker settings from System-wide settings as they use completely different approach to the ad blocking.

Content Blocker whitelist completely disables ad blocking on a given website, which means that all the subrequests won't be blocked by the content blocker anymore.
    System-wide whitelist disables blocking of a specific domain and has nothing to do with the subrequests and such.

3. Bruno

Bruno Member

Thanks for your answer but to be honest I did not understood pretty well.

With my own words :)
    Do you mean that Content Blocker will block barclays.com/savingaccount but not all barclays.com/*
    And System-wide will block all barclays.com/* ?

Thanks

4. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

@Bruno almost :)

Content Blocker has the ability to block something like barclays.com/savingaccount without blocking barclays.com.

System-wide can block barclays.com, but at the same time, all its subdomains and pages like barclays.com/* will be blocked .

5. Bruno

Bruno Member

Got it now. Thanks!