Question

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by natejasper, Apr 2, 2018.

1. natejasper

natejasper New Member

Adguard adblock and adblock plus are the one ?
    and both of them can active together?

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

AdGuard Adblocker and Adblock Plus are completely different adblocking browser extensions, developed by completely different companies and development teams.

It's not advised to run two adblocking browser extensions at the same time, I'd recommend choosing one or the other. Last I checked, the AdGuard Adblocker browser extension is more advanced than Adblock Plus (for example, AdGuard has extended syntax support, which Adblock Plus doesn't have). I personally wouldn't recommend using Adblock Plus anymore (especially if you don't like the aspect of "non-intrusive" ads being unblocked by default), when there's "better" adblocking extension alternatives out there like AdGuard Adblocker or uBlock Origin.

vasily_bagirov likes this.
  3. sitesazan

sitesazan New Member

What is your suggestion? What extensions should we use?

4. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Better late than never. When it comes to browser extensions, most of the popular ones (ABP, uBlock, AdGuard) are very similar in quality. Choose any and use it, there's no need to go for two and more at a time (this can even be detrimential).

5. kate44

kate44 New Member

For me Adgaurd is best! i have tried other extension also but, Adgaurd works best among them.

6. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

In my mind, currently there's only two real contenders in the adblocker browser extension space; AdGuard Adblocker and uBlock Origin. Adblock Plus seems to have lost its way over the last few years, whereas both AdGuard Adblocker and uBlock Origin has surpassed ABP in terms of blocking capabilities in addition to adding extended syntax and better handling of anti-adblock scripts like Instart Logic. Hopefully ABP catches up someday.

AdGuard for Windows and AdGuard for Mac on the other hand? They're both much better and superior to any adblocker browser extension including both the AdGuard Adblocker browser extension and uBlock Origin. Whereas browser extensions are limited by the browser's extension API (meaning they can block perhaps up to 95% to like 98% of things), AG for Windows and Mac aren't subject to those limits thus they are capable of blocking much more than the browser extensions can.

kate44 likes this.
  7. kate44

kate44 New Member

Agree, This is the reason why adguard is better from adblocker extension because. it's maintaining its features and updating them.