Quick Settings button to update filters

sublimaze

Hello,

I have AdGuard on all of my android devices and Windows machines. It's a great product!

For the android version, please consider adding a Quick Settings tile/button to update filters. I prefer checking manually instead of using a wakelock timer, and tapping a Quick Settings button would be more convenient than opening the AdGuard app to update filters. Thanks

sublimaze

Yes, that is how I have been updating. But it would be easier to swipe down the notification bar and tap a Quick Setting button to update. You have "AdGuard" and "AdGuard via Proxy" buttons, but those toggle the service. It would be nice to have a button that fetches updates.

JRSC01

i just click on the arrows on the top right they spin round and it is quick and automatic, no other clicks needed.

JRSC01

swipe the notification bar down, then click the text 'blocking ads and trackers' of the Adguard, not the buttons, this opens the app and then all you do is click the arrows, then close it again.
Android 9.0 Samsung Galaxy A5 i use.

sublimaze

Thanks for the tips, but I am suggesting an even faster way to update filters. Of course it doesn't take long to open the app and refresh, but a Quick Setting button would be more efficient. It's not a huge deal and won't prevent me from using AdGuard. But since this is a forum for suggestions, i thought this would be a useful enhancement.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I kinda agree with this, it could be added to the expanded notification where PAUSE and ASSISTANT are. Another addition, something like UPDATE CHECK could be added and it could open the update dialog with the results. Or even do it with AG not appearing, with a notification toast appearing with the results of the update (filters updated, etc.).

sublimaze

This exactly! Thanks for explaining it so well. I was having a hard time conveying the idea. This would be a simple and quick solution for users who prefer to update manually.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Actual you can check for filter updates using the shortcut.
But at your request, I have created a task on GitHub.
The developers will check the request and if they like the idea, they will add this feature to the application.