Issue Details
  • AdGuard version:
    • AdGuard for iOS v2.1.2(173)
  • Device model and storage size:
    • iPad 6th gen. (2018) 32gb
  • Operating system and version:
    • iOS 13.3
Background
Considering the limited amount of filters possible in the app (50,000), and that I’m a novice user of the app, I’d like some clarity regarding which filters are recommended to install. For example, I’m informed in the app that the Fanboys Social Blocking filters are already included in Fanboys Annoyances filters, but Fanboys Annoyances Filter was last updated in July this year; so it seems a bad idea here to go for the more encompassing Fanboys Annoyances Filter. Et cetera.

Question
I’m wondering if anyone can recommend me a set of filters to use?

Bastet

Here’s what I’ve set:
Base Filter.
Mobile ads filter.
Tracking protection filter.
Annoyances filter.
Warning removal filter.
Spam 404.
Safari filter.

Anything else seems to go over the 50.000 limit.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
You don't need the Safari filter if you're using the Base filter. The Safari filter, last I heard, is considered depreciated now.

BTW, AG Pro for iOS should be updated soon to use multiple content blockers, allowing you to bypass the 50,000 filter limit. It should also be updated to reflect the features and changes in the newer AG for iOS (non-Pro) version.

sekizuri

BTW, AG Pro for iOS should be updated soon to use multiple content blockers, allowing you to bypass the 50,000 filter limit. It should also be updated to reflect the features and changes in the newer AG for iOS (non-Pro) version.
Great news, thanks for telling me! Got the same response from a developer on github.

Currently I’d say the best recommendation is for new users to at least go for all the standard Adguard filters in each category, and await the update.