Remove Key from Notification Bar

My2cents

Beta Tester
Let me start by saying that I really like this app. It works 90% of the time, which is better than most - without root. With that said, I am OCD about the notification bar and the fact that this always keeps the "key" up in the corner sort of drives me crazy! LOL! Is it possible to add a feature that allows us to remove the key from the notification bar?

EDIT: I just read that it is a kit kat thing. In 5.0 it can be removed. Is that right?

Last edited by a moderator:

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Let me start by saying that I really like this app. It works 90% of the time, which is better than most - without root. With that said, I am OCD about the notification bar and the fact that this always keeps the "key" up in the corner sort of drives me crazy! LOL! Is it possible to add a feature that allows us to remove the key from the notification bar?

EDIT: I just read that it is a kit kat thing. In 5.0 it can be removed. Is that right?
That's true. In earlier Android versions this icon is system, and can not be removed. In 5.0 it's moved to the right side of the bar and is customizable - you can make it transparent or remove completely.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thx :) No menu extended for Samsung :)
I meant Adguard settings, sorry I wasn't clear.

By the way, my answer wasn't complete. You can remove Adguard icon, but unfortunately cant remove 'key' icon, since it is Android feature, not ours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave3

That's true. In earlier Android versions this icon is system, and can not be removed. In 5.0 it's moved to the right side of the bar and is customizable - you can make it transparent or remove completely.
I'm currently using adguard on my note 5 (T-Mobile) and the key icon is still on the left although I have 5.1.1. Any advice on how to move it to the right or make it disappear? Even when I turn notification icon off, the key is still up there in the left corner.

Thank you.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm currently using adguard on my note 5 (T-Mobile) and the key icon is still on the left although I have 5.1.1. Any advice on how to move it to the right or make it disappear? Even when I turn notification icon off, the key is still up there in the left corner.

Thank you.
Could you please show how it looks like?

Here is how it should be in Android 5.X:
1_size5_n.png

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I believe the problem is in touchwiz, stock Android looks differently.

Nameless

Beta Tester
The key icon can not be removed, if it could i would of worked it out on my Nexus 7 ages ago.

As Avatar says in another post rooting your device and using proxy removes the icon.