"Remove YouTube Autoplay" extension no longer works

risug

Greetings all.

I used a "Remove Youtube Autoplay", however, now that Google has seemingly made their new version of YouTube permanant the extension no longer works.
I realize there is an "Autoplay" button on the site, but I regularly clear my Internet cache and I never log in to my YouTube account.
Is there a way for Adguard to prevent YouTube's Autoplay? Barring that, is there an extension that anyone knows of that can prevent YouTube's Autoplay?
Thank you very much.

Browser - IE11
OS - Windows 10
Adguard Version - 7.4.2

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
That extensions likely isn't available for IE11 though. Honestly there may not be any solution for that one, since nobody supports IE11 anymore (and it's a matter of time YouTube drops support for IE11 as well).

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
The cold hard truth is, apparently IE11 users don't matter to Microsoft anymore, since they've been pushing the new Edge pretty hard. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they remove IE11 from a future Windows 10 release, it certainly looks like they're getting ready to.

I personally wouldn't recommend using IE11 anymore, not only is it easily the least secure browser compared to other "modern" web browsers, web developers of websites have been dropping support for it so a lot of websites don't work correctly (if at all) in IE11 anymore. IE11 isn't updated anymore (outside of security updates, which every month there's always an updating fixing some vulnerability in IE11) and honestly should be avoided if possible.

It's pretty much a dead web browser now.

risug

Despite systemic browserism, we IE11 users will continue surf the internet in peaceful defiance of those who wish to subjugate us to their will. Hear me fellow IE11 users from around the world - you are currently in the midst of the largest battle in the history of mankind.
Mankind, that word should have new meaning for all of us IE11 users today. We can’t be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it’s fate that today is the 4th of July and you will once again be fighting for our freedom not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution but from annihilation.
We’re fighting for our right to live, to exist, and should we win, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when IE11 users declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night. We will not vanish without a fight. We’re going to live on. We’re going to survive. Today we celebrate our Independence Day!”