reports.adguard.com

Discussion in 'Discussion (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Blaz, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Blaz

Blaz Moderator & Translator Moderator

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  2. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

We’re trying to solve it in a different way — every app should provide a “report an issue” button, clicking on leads to reports.adguard.com with all the fields pre-filled.

And that's a bug for sure.

@vasily_bagirov plz report it to GH.

3. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

For those filling it out manually, perhaps some diagnostics dialog window with all the needed text (that could be copied via either right click, CTRL+C or a copy to clipboard button) with all the required fields might help too?

4. Blaz

5. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

6. Blaz

vasily_bagirov likes this.
  7. vasily_bagirov

Ideally, there won't be many of those, probably <5%, when we introduce the integration with all AdGuard apps. Unless it proves otherwise, I don't see a huge reason to build such a complicated interface.

8. Boo Berry

Fair enough. I like the new report page thus far. I'll try it out here in a bit and note anything worth noting (I should probably create a new topic for that instead of hijacking this one). :p

EDIT: Select your browser doesn't list Chrome as an option. In fact it lists Opera twice (Opera and Opera 40+). Is this a mistake? At the very least Opera should be renamed to Opera 12 (for the outdated Presto-based browser that's EOL) and keep Opera 40+, in addition to adding Chrome.

9. Blaz

Seeing it fine.

https://github.com/AdguardTeam/ReportsWebApp/issues/102

Attached Files:

10. Boo Berry

I'm filling out the AdGuard for Windows form and unless I'm going blind, I don't see Chrome as an option.

I'll get a screenshot after I get back to a PC.

EDIT: Okay, nevermind, the page didn't fully load. Now it's there. Odd.

11. Boo Berry

Okay, going through it I think there's one thing I think should be added... country of origin for the user, just in case the issue is geolocated to a specific country/IP. This happens with some websites, e.g. Facebook ads based on location.

12. vasily_bagirov

@Boo Berry not sure if people will be comfortable with it. Maybe just give them an option to include this information, but not force it?

13. Boo Berry

Works for me, but you guys might want to add a note saying ads may be different/harder to reproduce depending on geographic location/country.

14. avatar

Still not sure about this.

Possible options:
    1. Detect automatically (that's too invasive for some ppl)
    2. Provide a mandatory input (provokes questions -- why would we need it?)
    3. Provide an optional input (nobody will fill it:)).

The problem is that people usually don't realize that ad is "geo"-specific. Also, this is a rare case, and we're aware of the most popular websites that show different ads depending on the user location (speedtest for instance).

15. Boo Berry

A mix of 2 and 3 seems like the best way to do it. I'll explain; instead of having a mandatory input or an optional one have an optional dropdown menu with a list of every country/territory listed along with a short note below it informing and explaining to the user that some websites' ads/anti-adblock might only appear to specific regions/languages/IP addresses. Also mention none of the information is collected/saved (other than for the anonymous bot-generated GH report), is completely anonymous and is optional and ONLY needed for that reason just in case the ads/anti-adblock is geolocation-specific.

This is true about some US websites (e.g. last.fm) showing ads/anti-adblock to US-only IPs.

16. iceboy

iceboy New Member

hi guys,

I have sent an e-mail too about this site:

https://www.zalando.at/herren-home/

It has no threats and it is very very clean!!! So please update the software because when I try to visit it, adguard blocks it and i have to force open!

17. avatar

Makes sense, @vasily_bagirov could you please file a detailed feature request to GH?