[request] Caching common files

Discussion in 'Feature Requests (AdGuard for Windows)' started by edgard, Mar 22, 2015.

1. edgard

edgard Beta Tester

Hi,
    I was wondering if Aguard has any resource caching mechanism built in? If not, I's like to request adding a component to Adguard for caching common resource requests like external jquery files, js libraries, webfonts, CSS, etc. Browsers does caching, but they are not strictly obeyed. Header requests also leave trails of your online visits.

One example is Google hosted jquery javascript files. They are everywhere on the net and it would be great if Adguard could cache them and redirect future requests. Google already track people everywhere on the net, and this is just another beacon for them.

Local cache also helps decrease page loading. jQueries are upward to 90kb, doesn't sound much, but they take around 150ms to load. Local caches reduce this to 4ms! I've tested this with a proxy web filter I'm running, but this is require a lot of manual work. So, I think this would be a great feature to add to Adguard.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  2. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hi! Thanks for the suggestion, but atm we think that browser caching is enough. There's always a chance we will reconsider our view on that matter later, but now we are focusing our efforts on other goals.