[Resolved]AdGuard 7.1.2817 - Live Functions Losing Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

actually

Hello,

Live functions of websites are losing connection when a filter is updated or when AG is disabled/enabled. When a filter is checked for an update, if there is no available update, then this problem does not occur.

Twitch chat, sometimes Twitch live stream, and HTML5 multiplayer games are affected by this. Perhaps other live services; customer support, IRC, YouTube Live.

You can reproduce this by going to agar.live, selecting play so you are in the game, then while in the game disable AG protection and then enable, and you will lose connection with the game. The same happens if a filter is updated.

Windows 7 64
Firefox 67.0.4
AdGuard 7.1.2817 - (CL 1.4.32) - Release

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@actually
Hello there!
When you disable or enable protection, traffic starts to redirected through AdGuard, so there is a short-term loss of connection.
As for filters, now there is a certain problem with their updates and loss of connection.
In the coming days, there is a fix for this problem.
Turn on the update channel Nightly and follow the news :)

actually

Hi @Rock

Until the update arrives, perhaps change the Filter update check period to a longer period than what you currently have selected. This way the amount of disconnections are reduced.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
As I know this problem is fixed in the nightly version.
And all successful fixes are transferred after the release version.
So it remains only to wait for the release or temporarily switch to the Nightly version.

Phonemes

@Chinaski
I wanted to check this, as I was having the same problem. Installed the nightly and started a download. Checked for updates in AdGuard while the download was running. 5 Filters were updated and the download continued without a hitch. Checking for updates, either manually or initiated by AdGuard itself, was sure to kill any downloads over the last few weeks. So the problem appears to be fixed for me. This is on Windows 7 with the F-Secure virus scanner running. Thank you!

Last edited:

ag_bug_finder

Beta Tester

Rock

actually

Thanks for the update @Rock

If i knew all this in hindsight, i would of just remained on AG 6.4

Is it just me or is web browsing significantly slower on AG 7.1+? Maybe it is me, or Firefox, or something i have no idea about. This never happened on AG 6.4. Anyway this is for another thread if i ever create it.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@Rock
The problem is still reproduced on Nightly version?
Could you provide access from AnyDesk?
We would like to connect and try to solve your problem remotely.

Status
Not open for further replies.