[resolved] Amazon Kindle Software Updates Page Broken

Discussion in 'False Positives' started by JWW, Aug 12, 2014.

1. JWW

JWW New Member

2. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hello!

We'll check and fix it, thank you!

What for switching filter rules - we have this in future plans but at the moment it's impossible.
    The only way you can do it is to add exception rule to your User Filter.

For example:
    Request to https://amazoncustomerservice.d2.sc.omtrdc.net/b/ was blocked by the following rule:
    Code:
    .omtrdc.net^$third-party

To unblock this request you can add the exception rule for amazon:
    Code:
    @@.omtrdc.net^$domain=amazon.co.uk

3. JWW

JWW New Member

When you say 'impossible'...? I'm sure this is the wrong place to carry on this discussion but I envisage something along the lines of the selective tracking filters in Ghostery. It must be possible to have list of detected trackers available in the extension pop-up with check boxes to allow / disallow accordingly. This one for example would be listed as the Adobe domain 'Omniture'.

Meanwhile, your rule works - thanks.

4. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I mean it's impossible in this version of extension.

Ghostery has done very good work categorizing their blocking rules. In our case the filter rules aren't categorized so Adguard does not know that omtrdc.net is Omniture or pagead.googlesyndication.com is Google Adsense. If we want to do this pop-up thing we should do the same.

5. JWW

JWW New Member

OK, sure. Ghostery have made a good job of it - though sadly they don't block ads as such. At least, not as effectively as Adguard. I certainly think you should follow their lead and do something very similar.