[Resolved] anather add on avaxhome

deleted

Beta Tester
Because the filters are read locally from your machine. When you do an update you have to download a new file which replaces the old filter list.
Again you concentrate only on the update part, explain this then:-
he added only 2 new filter rules.
The site in question has in total 6 or 7 rules. Thus atleast 4-5 rules were pre-existent.
Even if I had that filter rule problem as you say, the locally cached filters in my machine should have shown the rest of the 4 or 5 filters relating to that site.
But it didn't.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The rules were not there yesterday when i checked and I do know how to search and check and that's why I was seeing those ads.
Today when the filter databases updated those rules got back again, hence Somebody on ur team must have taken them down.
It was aroud that time when I posted that post.
English filter is a fork of EasyList and sometimes we merge them automatically.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Hm, sorry for the previous answer, these rules are not from the EasyList so it's weird you have not seen them in your local filter.

Do you have these rules now? It's interesting to check what was wrong.

Nameless

Beta Tester
Ok i get it no-one knows anything and your the all powerful OZ! See's all, Hear's all!

Alex lied to you ad the adguard team are against you :lol:

Sorry but im out of this thread, its going nowhere.

deleted

Beta Tester
Ok i get it no-one knows anything and your the all powerful OZ! See's all, Hear's all!

Alex lied to you ad the adguard team are against you :lol:

Sorry but im out of this thread, its going nowhere.
Where am I saying that ?
I don't know everything that's why I asked on the forums.
Whatever you asked I also answered you too.
It was you who started it all with the conspiracy theory.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

English filter is a fork of EasyList and sometimes we merge them automatically.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Hm, sorry for the previous answer, these rules are not from the EasyList so it's weird you have not seen them in your local filter.

Do you have these rules now? It's interesting to check what was wrong.

yes, avatar now I have those rules....
Also I'm using English filter as against the Easy list filter rule list.
It's just that those rules were not there when i searched for them in the adguard program(english filter rule list) on 18th may 23:30 IST.
But returned the next morning 19th may 7:30 IST.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
yes, avatar now I have those rules....
Also I'm using English filter as against the Easy list filter rule list.
It's just that those rules were not there when i searched for them in the adguard program(english filter rule list) on 18th may 23:30 IST.
But returned the next morning 19th may 7:30 IST.
Ok, got it. Maybe for some reason you didn't get the updated filter list that time.
If this happens next time please post the exact version of the English filter.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Where am I saying that ?
Don't be so serious, he was talking to me:)

Nameless

Beta Tester
I'm a blunt person and say what i feel/see.

You said that adguard removed some filters then re-added them, you will not accept any other explanation, so i said you think its a conspiracy.

As for you answering my questions i've not directed any to you. I have just told you i feel your filters were always out of date and your response has always been the same "nope, impossible". Then when you asked how could you see some filters i just explained how the update system worked via replacing a file which for some odd reason you decided to say im continuing on the update part. I was not, i was just telling you how the update system works seeing as you asked how you could see some filters.

After which my sarcasm kicked in, and i said this is going no-where and it still isn't.

Here is what i think, you may of clicked update but didn't let the update complete before checking the filters, so the filter was not there or the update failed for reason x, y, z and you didn't notice and then checked the filters. Both of them have happened to me, i will admit it.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
In theory it is possible that AG has got information about new filter list version but has downloaded previous version of filter because update check and filter download are two different requests.

deleted

Beta Tester
Ok, got it. Maybe for some reason you didn't get the updated filter list that time.
If this happens next time please post the exact version of the English filter.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Don't be so serious, he was talking to me:)
Thanx avatar will definitely make sure of getting that info and screenshot next time.

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

I'm a blunt person and say what i feel/see.

You said that adguard removed some filters then re-added them, you will not accept any other explanation, so i said you think its a conspiracy.

As for you answering my questions i've not directed any to you. I have just told you i feel your filters were always out of date and your response has always been the same "nope, impossible". Then when you asked how could you see some filters i just explained how the update system worked via replacing a file which for some odd reason you decided to say im continuing on the update part. I was not, i was just telling you how the update system works seeing as you asked how you could see some filters.

After which my sarcasm kicked in, and i said this is going no-where and it still isn't.

Here is what i think, you may of clicked update but didn't let the update complete before checking the filters, so the filter was not there or the update failed for reason x, y, z and you didn't notice and then checked the filters. Both of them have happened to me, i will admit it.
I can accept the explanation that it was a human error ;) Thought about that before labelling me as a conspiracy theorists ?
So when it popups the notification that adguard filter database updated succesfully, I have to assume according to you that maybe its not the latest right ? or for that matter that update might have ended abruptly.
Btw you still haven't answered my question at post #21

Nameless

Beta Tester
Because im not obliged to answer any questions maybe? And also because whatever reason i give will be met with the same responses as your filters being out of date?

Also read the last line here and the end of the forth paragraph here

Have a great day.