[*Resolved] askvg.com

deleted

Beta Tester
Site in question: http://www.askvg.com/
Problem Area: Doesn't block 3rd party javascript

Creating this one single rule blocked other unblocked third party javascripts as well:-
Code:
||a248.e.akamai.net/f/302/9266/9m/kona.kontera.com/javascript/lib/KonaLibInline.js
pls see to it and offer suggestions :)

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I see this file has different URL:
Code:
||kona.kontera.com/javascript/lib/KonaLibInline.js

deleted

Beta Tester
Even afer removing my rules and adding ur filter rule, I see some third party scripts.....

URL: http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/302/9266/9m/kona.kontera.com/javascript/lib/KonaLibInline.js
Source: www.askvg.com
Data type: Script

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

URL: http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/302/9266/9m/kona.kontera.com/javascript/lib/KonaLibInline.js

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Can you try this?
Code:
/KonaLibInline.js$domain=askvg.com
And can you provide me remote access by TeamViewer?
Are you using blocking referrers?

deleted

Beta Tester
@Alex just now tried the latest rule u provided and this seems to have done the trick, now no more third party javascripts.....

I don;t think I'm blocking referrers....
And do tell me if you still wanna have remote access. :)

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
@Alex just now tried the latest rule u provided and this seems to have done the trick, now no more third party javascripts.....

I don;t think I'm blocking referrers....
And do tell me if you still wanna have remote access. :)
If this rule works, you don't blocks referrers:)

deleted

Beta Tester
If this rule works, you don't blocks referrers:)
I see third party javascripts on other sites also.....will blocking referrers solve it?
What is blocking of referrers and what advantages and disadvantages(if any) it has?
You can see my config at my sig.

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I see third party javascripts on other sites also.....will blocking referrers solve it?
What is blocking of referrers and what advantages and disadvantages(if any) it has?
You can see my config at my sig.
If you will block referrers, some rules will not working($third-party).
what advantages and disadvantages(if any) it has?
some privacy.

deleted

Beta Tester
@Alex302 : Don't you plan to add the rule to one of the lists?
Without that custom/user filter rule, the site still connects to third party javascript.
What's your take on this?

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
@Alex302 : Don't you plan to add the rule to one of the lists?
Without that custom/user filter rule, the site still connects to third party javascript.
What's your take on this?
What does this script do?

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I don't know but isn't it one of the tracking scripts?
If u search other filter lists, you'll find the same domain name being blocked in those lists as well.
Please try this rule without previous:
Code:
kontera.com^$third-party

deleted

Beta Tester
Please try this rule without previous:
Code:
kontera.com^$third-party
I have now switched to an adblocker extension and left the program(because of certificate error problems), the extension doesn't seem to suffer from the same.
You can close this topic now if you want to. :)

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I have now switched to an adblocker extension and left the program(because of certificate error problems), the extension doesn't seem to suffer from the same.
You can close this topic now if you want to. :)
I hope Adguard browser extension?:)
Certificate errors can be easily fixed by manual import certificate. If you want I can do it via TeamViewer.

deleted

Beta Tester
I hope Adguard browser extension?:)
Certificate errors can be easily fixed by manual import certificate. If you want I can do it via TeamViewer.
No I'm not talking about that certificate error.
I'm talking about the error where a site with an invalid/expired certificate maybe displayed when using Adguard For Windows.

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I'm talking about the error where a site with an invalid/expired certificate maybe displayed when using Adguard For Windows.
These sites should not be showed? Can you post some examples?

deleted

Beta Tester
It does not opens in my IE, Fox and Chrome -> NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED
For me it opens up again and again, cleared all FF data even with fresh FF install, fresh AG install, fresh manual insertion of AG certificate but in my system it comes back again and again....
And as said before, If adguard is disabled, the browser whether its chrome or FF or edge they correctly block the page but when AG is enabled they all fail. :(

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Reproduced it...
How the change of heart???? :p

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
For me it opens up again and again, cleared all FF data even with fresh FF install, fresh AG install, fresh manual insertion of AG certificate but in my system it comes back again and again....
And as said before, If adguard is disabled, the browser whether its chrome or FF or edge they correctly block the page but when AG is enabled they all fail. :(

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

How the change of heart???? :p
I have restarted Adguard and now the site is blocked.