[Resolved] bild.de discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebi85

Hi there,

Before you lynch me, I know about the ad- and paywall issue. I have read all the forum articles on this. Nevertheless, I need your help to continue using AdGuard now.
I want to make one thing clear at the beginning: I don't want to bypass the paywall. I just want to get rid of all the advertisements.
As I've been reading through the forums here (and reddit), it appears that there are still working filter settings that block the ads. However, these are nowhere to be found publicly. At least I seem to be too stupid to do so.
How can I get these filters? I know that the official AdGuard employees do not want (or are not allowed) to give them to me. All the filter rules I found here or on Reddit don't work (anymore). I'm getting desperate with AdGuard, even though I've recommended it to all my friends and family so far.

Yesterday, a friend of mine asked me why I was still bothering with AdGuard. I told him that I am otherwise satisfied. I use it on my PC (Windows version), laptop, Android (VPN app) - just about everywhere. Even on my family's PCs. All lifetime licenses.
Then he asked me why I am doing this if it isn't going to work. I said that this is the way it is. He told me that this was nonsense and that he had no problems with uBlock Origin on bild.de or any other side. I didn't believe him until I just tried it myself. Mobile and on the PC: It works as intended - paywall untouched but no ads at all.

Why does uBlock Origin accomplish this and Adguard doesn't? Why are the developers of uBlock Origin not afraid of bild.de, but those of Adguard are?

Even if these questions cannot be answered, is there anyone out there who can help me with bild.de? I would so love to stay with AdGuard.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Possible legal problems due to some German courts (Hamburg, Karlsruhe). Same argument applies to private copy. You are allowed to make backups of DVDs, but only without circumventing a protection (does not matter if it is only CSS protection). AdGuard is a company with a location in the EU and therefore we are not allowed to circumvent that protection. uBlock is no company and developped by one (or few) individuals.

Sebi85

Possible legal problems due to some German courts (Hamburg, Karlsruhe). Same argument applies to private copy. You are allowed to make backups of DVDs, but only without circumventing a protection (does not matter if it is only CSS protection). AdGuard is a company with a location in the EU and therefore we are not allowed to circumvent that protection. uBlock is no company and developped by one (or few) individuals.
Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.