[Resolved] Blocking ads that overlay videos

Nick

Is it possible to block the annoying ads that overlay flash videos on various sites?

I use a few streaming sites to watch football, rugby and cricket and the amount of ads that overlay the videos is staggering. Plus some redirect to malware posing as codec installations.

I used to be able to block such things on AdMuncher but can't seem to find ways to do it with Adguard.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Please post the sites and their mirrors, thank you.

Nameless

Beta Tester
There isn't much that can be done about these im afraid, spoken to avatar about it before for a few sites and the sites tend to use invalid html and have loads of iframes.

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Is it possible to block the annoying ads that overlay flash videos on various sites?

I use a few streaming sites to watch football, rugby and cricket and the amount of ads that overlay the videos is staggering. Plus some redirect to malware posing as codec installations.

I used to be able to block such things on AdMuncher but can't seem to find ways to do it with Adguard.

We can't really say much if you don't post these websites' urls. Please provide few examples.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Have you tried content filtering rules?

Something like domain.com$$div[id="bannerInCenter"]

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Have to check with $$ instead of ## (## didn't work) when I'm at home in about 4-5 hours.
What is the exact difference between $$ and ## ?

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hi
Please try this rule:
Code:
||freestreams.eu/js/bn5.js
Added to English.

Last edited by a moderator: