[Resolved] Dodonpachi Unlimited - Missed Ads [Android]

qa125

Android App: Dodonpachi Unlimited
Code:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apxsoft.dodonpachi_gg
Missed banner ad at top of screen and missed fullscreen ad when starting game (attached screenshots).

Screenshot_20170417-153702.jpg Screenshot_20170417-154654.jpg

Android 7.0 (Galaxy S7)
Adguard 2.8.76 for Android
Filters: English (1.1.14.87), Spyware (1.0.11.55), Japanese (1.0.93.6), Experimental (1.0.26.61), Mobile Ads (1.0.8.0), EasyList China (1.0.78.61), List-KR (1.0.2.58).

Thank you (I hope I did this right).

seanl

Top banners were not reproduced.

Added to Mobile ads filter:
Code:
||dzpu6za66svjl.cloudfront.net^
||graph.facebook.com^$app=com.apxsoft.dodonpachi_gg
Please, check the result.

seanl

At least the full screen ads should be disappeared. You may need to clear the app's cache once.

seanl

Did you manually add rules above in the user filter? It may take several hours for the added filters to be updated in your device. Please wait for it, or try adding above rules manually.
In the log, a requests to dzpu6za66svjl.cloudfront.net is not being blocked, which means the filter above is not present in your device.

qa125

Oh I thought the filters have updated. I manually added the rules and the full screen ad is now gone. The banner ads still remain though.

qa125

Almost... the banner ad appeared on the main menu as usual but when I clicked to continue, the banner ad was gone, until I restarted the app, and now both the banner ad and full screen ad are back.

Edit: after restarting the app a few times, it seems that the full screen ad usually doesn't appear anymore. The banner ad on the main menu always appears until I touch the screen, and then it usually goes away, but sometimes comes back immediately. It looks like some ads are blocked but some are getting through.

Last edited:

seanl

What filtering mode are you using, local VPN or local HTTP proxy mode?
Also, please try upgrading the app to the latest beta version (2.9), and see if ads are blocked.

qa125

Local VPN, and I updated to 2.9 and now the ads are completely gone! (The full screen ad still sometimes pops up, but it's not a big deal.) The ads in the other app I reported are gone too. Looks like I just needed to update Adguard. Resolved, thank you!

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I updated today to the 2.9.70 release, and the ads are back. What happened?
Android 7.0
Adguard certificate should be moved to system storage to filter HTTPS in the apps.
Please record HTTP log.

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I have it installed in the security certificates.
Yes, I see blocked ad requests.
Try to add this rule:
Code:
||cross.mobirix.net/MobiExtNotify/ExtNotify.aspx$app=com.apxsoft.dodonpachi_gg
Are you using VPN mode?

qa125

Sorry, I figured out the issue! I turned off the filter for "Google Account Manager" because it was blocking thousands and thousands of ads while draining a little too much battery and I didn't think it had to do with any specific app, but it looks like I needed that in order to block the ads in this app. Sorry and thanks again.