[Resolved] Fresh install on Moto X4, one specific app is not working with Adguard

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnelsoninjax

I just did a factory reset on my Moto X4, and reinstalled everything. Now suddenly the app Zedge (Ringtones, etc) will not work at all with Adguard actively running, only upon pausing adguard, does the app work. I have tried every DNS server listed, and disabled https as well, but nothing short of pausing adguard allows Zedge to function. The specifics are nothing shows up:
2020-01-13 12.01.54.png Adguard on
2020-01-13 12.02.22.pngAdguard Paused

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Is this the app?

Which filters did you enable?

jnelsoninjax

Is this the app?

Which filters did you enable?
Yes, that is the app, and no filters enabled unless they are enabled by default. The only change I have made it to DNS server.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Please try the following:
Settings -> DNS -> DNS request blocking -> DNS user filter

There please add the following rule there:
Code:
@@||api.prod.zedge.net^

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Please try to Change DNS server to Google or disable DNS then. For me it is working with that rule.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
The mentioned rule will be available in DNS and SDN filter soon ( will create pull request later), so it will work without disabling DNS.

Please note DNS is in most cases not required if you use Android App. Exluding a specific app is not possible if I remember correct.

Edit: Pull request:

Last edited:

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Please wait a few hours until AdGuard DNS replicates latest rules. In current filter the problematic rule is not included anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.