[Resolved]Green shield in browser disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfleiss

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, I've been using AdGuard for almost a year (first on Android, then also on Windows), but I've been using computers for a long time.

Some time during the past week, I noticed that the green AdGuard shield that used to hover in the bottom right corner of my web browser has disappeared. I don't think I changed any settings in AdGuard or my browser. Windows installed a few updates early in the week. The only other changes to my system that I know of are that I installed Zoom and Microsoft Office updated itself.

I'd really like to get the shield back, because sometimes if a website doesn't load properly, I click on the shield and tell AdGuard not to filter the page for 30 seconds. Without the shield, I don't know of any way to do that without disabling AdGuard altogether.

I run Windows 10 (1909) and use Pale Moon browser (28.8.4) on a PC that's less than a year old.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Are you on 7.4 Beta 1? If yes, that is normal.

dfleiss

No, I meant to write that I'm using v 7.3 (which describes itself as the latest version).

I've also noticed during the past few days that ads and pop-ups aren't being blocked the way they were in the past. I checked, and all the filters have updated recently (in the past day or two, for the most part).

Last edited:

dfleiss

Hi. I reinstalled the security certificate within AdGuard (Settings > Network > HTTPS filtering). It brought back the shield, but I'm still experiencing pop-ups.

I run Avast Free Antivirus (v 20.1.2397). No VPN. My browser has nearly 40 extensions, list attached. I don't think I added any recently, but some of them update automatically.

I appreciate the assistance.

Attachments

Chinaski

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
As an experiment, you should still try to disable all extensions.
Also if you use an antivirus, try going to General settings > Advanced > enable FilterLocalhost feature.

dfleiss

I changed the Filterhost setting as you suggested. I didn't notice any change.

I restarted the browser in "safe mode" (with no extensions and some options set back to default values) and didn't see any difference.

I'm seeing the green shield on about 1/3 to 1/2 of the websites I visit, but I'm also seeing many ads and pop-ups.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Or even AG for Windows 7.4 beta has the new Browser Assistant as well.

Seeing how the AdGuard Assistant is being replaced with the Browser Assistant in 7.4 it's probably best to use that instead.

dfleiss

Great suggestions. Thank you both.

I've installed the nightly build (7.4 nightly 10) and the Browser Assistant, and no more pop-ups or ads.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.