[Resolved] https://blockadblock.com *Adblock detected

Arthurnolan

Beta Tester
It seems that this website holds the script which can detect the presence of an adblocker and thus does not allow the content of a website to be seen unless adblock is disabled.
https://blockadblock.com

It might take a few seconds before the adblock is detected.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Generichide exclusion is not triggered completely on MAC it seems on that site or it is just not doing anything or the MAC version is injecting something else too.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Why, $generichide works ok on mac, it's just not enough:
Code:
@@||blockadblock.com^$generichide,genericblock

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
avatar, they are doing either url block check for .ico files or their ID/Class check.
And as soon as they injected their ID/Class check, the detection kicked in.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As I see it they first check ID/classes and then if its ok they start checking web requests.

Btw, in my case these two rules works ok:
Code:
@@||blockadblock.com^$generichide
@@*.ico^$domain=blockadblock.com

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
I had it the other way around avatar.

BTW shouldn't it be @@||*.ico ?

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
BTW shouldn't it be @@||*.ico ?
Not really as anyway any URL starts with ||. It could be even shorter:
Code:
@@.ico^$domain=blockadblock.com
"^" separator is also recommended to as otherwise it might cover all domain names with .ico substring.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Not really as anyway any URL starts with ||. It could be even shorter:
Code:
@@.ico^$domain=blockadblock.com
"^" separator is also recommended to as otherwise it might cover all domain names with .ico substring.
Thanks for clarification.
As blockadblock may be active on other sites as well we should generally exclude .ico files or can they cause any harm?

fanboy

While whitelisting/fixing blockadblock.com, I don't think it's a fight worth while given they'll probably attempt to subvert it at every opportunity. Its not a really site many people visit, unless its webhosts looking for quick script.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
@fanboy
As they use their own script on their site we can occasionally check if they updated something and then fix other sites with this insight.

SlowMemory

Beta Tester
Is it because of Adguard iOS that you are trying to find traditional exception rules? A JS rule works, disable a rule in English filter, and use
Code:
blockadblock.com#%#Object.defineProperty( window, 'x', { get: function() { return; } });
I'll try to find a more robust rule.

Last edited: