[Resolved] macworld.idg.se

johnjamesthe3rd

Some sites have this row of links including sponsored content in between articles with a headline similar to "you may also like" and blocking the DIV on the page doesn't remove it, it's right back again after refresh.

How can I stop this material at its source instead? The company providing this service is called Strossle.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Try the first rule (2nd url is blocked by a filter I have installed, probably required). Please note I only saw the text "by strossle", not the images:
Code:
macworld.idg.se##.divBottomArticle
||spklw.com^$third-party
macworld.idg.se##.compWrapper
Third rule hides campaign wrapper at the top. If those sponsored ads are still shown, please post your filter list, thank you.

Last edited:

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
You are welcome.

For other sites to block their pictures, you can try this rule:
Code:
||images.sprinklecontent.com^$third-party

seanl

Added to English filter:
Code:
idg.se##.spklw-post-attr[data-type="ad"]
://widgets.spklw.com/v1/data/?*&widget-id=$replace=/\{(?:[^\{\}]|\{(?:[^\{\}]|\{[^\{\}]*?\})*?\})*?"type"\:"ad"(?:[^\{\}]|\{(?:[^\{\}]|\{[^\{\}]*?\})*?\})*?\}\,//
Added to Spyware filter:
Code:
||bonfire.spklw.com^
Please, check the result. $replace rule will remove sponsored content from the row.

seanl

Removed from English filter:
Code:
://widgets.spklw.com/v1/data/?*&widget-id=$replace=/\{(?:[^\{\}]|\{(?:[^\{\}]|\{[^\{\}]*?\})*?\})*?"type"\:"ad"(?:[^\{\}]|\{(?:[^\{\}]|\{[^\{\}]*?\})*?\})*?\}\,//
Added to English filter:
Code:
://widgets.spklw.com/v1/data/?*&widget-id=$replace=/(?:(?:(?<=\[)|\G)\{(?:[^\{\}]|\{(?:[^\{\}]|\{[^\{\}]*?\})*?\})*?"type"\:"ad"(?:[^\{\}]|\{(?:[^\{\}]|\{[^\{\}]*?\})*?\})*?\}(?:\,|(?=\]))|\,\{(?:[^\{\}]|\{(?:[^\{\}]|\{[^\{\}]*?\})*?\})*?"type"\:"ad"(?:[^\{\}]|\{(?:[^\{\}]|\{[^\{\}]*?\})*?\})*?\}(?=[\,\]]))//g
Please, check the result.