[resolved] Missed adds on www.expressen.se

airborne

Yes i know i can block the adds with the assistant but as soon as i block them this type off adds recurs again but with some other content.

Maybe a filter update can block them.....:(

rickyoh

Beta Tester
oh ok, have to cover all bases. before the official filter update arrives you could try adding this rule to the user filter, hopefully it'll do

Code:
expressen.se##div[id="ctl00_AllContent_SecondColumnSectionContent_SecondColumn_WidgetZone_ctl21_ctl00_ctl00_randomContainer"]

rickyoh

Beta Tester
hmm not seeing it on my end. two things: in which browsers is it still visible and have you tried clearing your browser(s) cache ?

airborne

Namnlös.jpgNamnlös.jpg

The smaller ones ar gone now i have the same type off adds but with a bigger size. I see them on two places rickyoh.

rickyoh

Beta Tester
ok add this rule to the user filter

Code:
expressen.se###ctl00_AllContent_SecondColumnSectionContent_SecondColumn_WidgetZone_ctl31_ctl00_ctl00_randomContainer

airborne

Hello rickyoh. Thank you for helping. But this type off adds seems hard to block. The smaller ones are also back again :confused:

Tested on both Explorer and Chrome...

rickyoh

Beta Tester
Hello rickyoh. Thank you for helping.
you welcome. confirmed the annons are back and so here is the updated filter for the user filter section

Code:
expressen.se###ctl00_AllContent_SecondColumnSectionContent_SecondColumn_WidgetZone_ctl19_ctl00_ctl00_randomContainer

rickyoh

Beta Tester
here is the filter you need

Code:
expressen.se###ctl00_AllContent_SecondColumnSectionContent_SecondColumn_WidgetZone_ctl43_ctl00_ctl00_randomContainer

rickyoh

Beta Tester
no, only these two are in the english filters

Code:
expressen.se###ctl00_AllContent_SecondColumnSectionContent_SecondColumn_WidgetZone_[B][U]ctl21[/U][/B]_ctl00_ctl00_randomContainer
Code:
expressen.se###ctl00_AllContent_SecondColumnSectionContent_SecondColumn_WidgetZone_[B][U]ctl31[/U][/B]_ctl00_ctl00_randomContainer

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Ahh, I see, it randomly changes. Would this work...

Code:
expressen.se###ctl00_AllContent_SecondColumnSectionContent_SecondColumn_WidgetZone_ctl*_ctl00_ctl00_randomContainer

Last edited by a moderator:

airborne

Boo Berry what type off adds is this they seems hard to block. You think they are gone but appers randomly on random places....

rickyoh

Beta Tester
@Boo no that filter does not work, the ads are sneaking through as airborne indicated. if they are this tenacious there must be a script that is responsible for this behaviour, get that and we are golden.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Try this:
Code:
expressen.se##div[id*="_randomContainer"]
Dangerous rule, could be false positives.

rickyoh

Beta Tester
nice one, thank you. as far as i can tell only the ads contain "_randomContainer" in their ids so it should target the ads only. hopefully airborne can test and confirm only ads are being filtered.