[Resolved]New Adguard Security Certificate For Firefox Blocks Internet Access

ram1220

Member
I am using Adguard V3.1.0 (1.3.347cl) for Android. My phone is running Android Nougat. Last night the Adguard security certificate for Firefox was updated. Previously I was running a security certificate that expires August 22, 2021 without any issues. Last night security certificate dated April 21, 2038 was pushed to my phone. Now if I turn on HTTPS Filtering I can not browse the internet with Firefox. I get a page that says "This connection is untrusted." If I turn off HTTPS filtering then I can browse using Firefox. Before last night when I had the older certificate all browsing in Firefox with HTTPS filtering worked perfectly. Can Adguard please push another security certificate that will fix internet browsing in Firefox? I have been having a lot of issues lately with Adguard. Some have been fixed and some have not. This latest certificate issue is making me regret my lifetime purchase of Adguard. Can this certificate issue please get fixed?
 

Chinaski

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Hello there!

Try to reinstall certs.

Go to Android settings -> Security -> Trusted credentials.

Go to the "User" section.

Select "AdGuard Personal CA" (it might be the only certificate there).

In the opened dialog window scroll down and tap 'Remove'.
 

ram1220

Member
I tried that 3 times last night. It keeps downloading and installing the same corrupt cert. Can someone at Adguard please give me a cert that works? Or how can I get my old cert that actually worked back? I just tried it again just for grins. And of course Adguard installed the same corrupted cert into Firefox.
 
Last edited:

ram1220

Member
No fix or message from Adguard? I guess you all got my money and that's that. Not only has your program gone down hill but so has the support. I can no longer recommend your product to anyone. Every new update breaks something else. And Adguard remains silent on help or a fix. Very sad since Adguard was once a great progam. Now there are free products with support that do better.
 

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Moderator
One of the issues is, certificates are local so a new one can't be "given".

You *may* have to uninstall AG for Android and reinstall it (in fact, before uninstalling I'd clear storage/data first) and hopefully a new local certificate is generated, which can then be installed in Firefox.

P.S. In the newer AG for Android builds, you can install the local certificate in Firefox by going to http://local.adguard.com/cert and that *should* install it. I'll install Firefox and see if I can reproduce. Maybe Mozilla changed something in newer Firefox builds.

Good luck!

EDIT: Tested this with a clean Firefox install along with the latest AG for Android nightly, and Firefox functions correctly after installing AG's local certificate via the link posted above and with both AG for Android's protection disabled and AG for Android completely killed/stopped. I guess a clean Firefox install might work too, assuming you can backup your data.
 

ram1220

Member
One of the issues is, certificates are local so a new one can't be "given".

You *may* have to uninstall AG for Android and reinstall it (in fact, before uninstalling I'd clear storage/data first) and hopefully a new local certificate is generated, which can then be installed in Firefox.

P.S. In the newer AG for Android builds, you can install the local certificate in Firefox by going to http://local.adguard.com/cert and that *should* install it. I'll install Firefox and see if I can reproduce. Maybe Mozilla changed something in newer Firefox builds.

Good luck!

EDIT: Tested this with a clean Firefox install along with the latest AG for Android nightly, and Firefox functions correctly after installing AG's local certificate via the link posted above and with both AG for Android's protection disabled and AG for Android completely killed/stopped. I guess a clean Firefox install might work too, assuming you can backup your data.


Thank you!! Success. Going to that web page and downloading that certificate worked. Browsing now works again on my main phone with Adguard HTTPS enabled. Nothing else worked. Thank you!
 
Top