[*Resolved] newshub.co.nz

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
http://www.newshub.co.nz/nznews/five-kiwifruit-workers-killed-in-katikati-crash-2016080305

Code:
||unicornmedia.com*&bc_apla=0
newshub.co.nz##.vjs-overlay.vjs-overlay-onceux-countdown
newshub.co.nz##.vjs-onceux-ad-container
Those rules work fine for me with Adguard for Windows. Only downside is, you see the time of the ad instead of the real video time and after the video is finished, it tries to buffer and load the video again.

I guess @Alex302 can provide a $replace rule to fix it too.

Last edited:

SlowMemory

Beta Tester
This is working for me,
Code:
||now-api.mediaworks.nz/bc-api/*/onceuxplayer/NewshubSite/$replace=/("onceURL":")(.|\s)*?"/\$1"/,domain=newshub.co.nz
or
Code:
$replace=/("onceURL":) *?"(.|\s)*?"/\$1""/

Last edited:

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
FYI last two rules are not working in Extension.

@sh2662
Timing is correct with these rules? Can't check as I only have Extension atm.

SlowMemory

Beta Tester
Yes, the video starts playing right away. On my end with your rules the video does not play. It only shows "Your video will resume in 15 seconds" and does not proceed.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
I meant if the the video time is about 44 seconds instantly and not 15 seconds first and then changing to original video time.

For me it only doesn't play if I block the url "once-aws-eu-central-1-lb.unicornmedia.com/now/media/segment" when "bc_apla=0" is not in the url.

2nd rule is hiding that ad video time warning for me.

SlowMemory

Beta Tester
Code:
||unicornmedia.com^*&bc_apla=0*&basemediaitemguid$domain=newshub.co.nz
This rule does not block ads in Edge

If I use
Code:
||unicornmedia.com^*&bc_apla=0*&basemediaitemguid$empty,domain=newshub.co.nz
The video does not play. It shows an error "Could not download the video Error Code: PLAYER_ERR_TIMEOUT"

Last edited:

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Ok. added also your rule.
Code:
||now-api.mediaworks.nz/bc-api/*/onceuxplayer/NewshubSite/$replace=/("onceURL":")(.|\s)*?"/\$1"/,domain=newshub.co.nz

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Please check it with
Code:
||unicornmedia.com^*&bc_apla=0*&basemediaitemguid$domain=newshub.co.nz

KiwiKid

Beta Tester
Videos don't play at all now :(
I'm using the extension with Firefox but I do have a licence for the desktop version.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Can you please open filtering protocol and post a screenshot of all blocked requests, thank you.

KiwiKid

Beta Tester

I'm using the English, Spyware, Social Media, Annoyances and Anti-Adblock Killer filters.

It appears to work on the desktop version but the English filter does not play the video at all...shows 0 seconds. I would prefer to continue to use the extension at this stage.

Last edited:

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
This player is not working in my FF.
Please to disable all filters and check again. Then enable the filters one-by-one with checking.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
@Alex302
Probably the local server "once-aws-AP-SOUTHEAST" is behaving differently as with the EU server there no issue happens.
Sadly I couldn't verify due to missing VPN/Proxy.

@KiwiKid
Please try this unblocking rule. Ad should play again. Would be interesting if the real content is playing then for you too.
Code:
@@||once-aws-*unicommedia.com

KiwiKid

Beta Tester
I'm assuming I add it to my user filters. Tried that...didn't work :(
I may reinstall the desktop version. I don't go to the problem website that often but I thought other users may appreciate the ads being removed.
And if they're impressed by the extension they may purchase the full version :)