[Resolved] Persistent ads on http://www.wetteronline.de/

OleF

Beta Tester
Hi there,
I have been using Adguard on my Windows pc as well as recently on my Android phone, and am very happy with the performance :)

This morning I have seen that on the above website the ads cannot be blocked. After calling up the "selection mode" menu from the Adblocker icon and clicking on the frame(s) containing the ads the page directly redirects me to the target of the ad (which is blocked by Adguard) rather than blocking the ad itself while remaing on the page. Alternatively, when selecting the widest possible frame around the ads for blocking without interfering with the content of the page, the ads do get blocked, but they reappear upon reloading the page.

On a side note, when I call up the menu from Adguard Adblocker in Firefox (32.0) I have to click on the Adblocker icon several times, because the pulldown menu usually appears only briefly (for half a second or so) and then blacks out. It takes between 2-5 attempts to make the menu stay. That is no big deal, as most of the visited pages are now adfree anyhow, however, I thought you might like to know about it. This behaviour might be caused by an interference with one of the several add-ons I use to personalize the look of my FF (Colorize that site!, Stylish, Remove this permanently, among others) and as I said it does not really bother me, so if this is something that cannot be easily resolved, please don't sweat it, I can live with it ;)

Thanks again for your great product, please keep up the good job!

King regards,
Ole

Last edited by a moderator:

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
If you are talking about the ads at the top and the right, please try this:

wetteronline.de#%#window.UABPtracked = true;

OleF

Beta Tester
Wow, awesome - all ads removed, just the placeholders remaining, and I got rid of those without problems with Adblocker :)

Thanks a lot!

Ole

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
In case you see other sites which have those ads, the same rule should work (just exchange url at the start).

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Removed:
Code:
@@||wetteronline.de^$elemhide
Added:
Code:
wetteronline.de#%#window.uabInject = function() {};