[Resolved]Possible its blocking a router login page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d0x

I had a Nighthawk xr500 but i upgraded to a Archer AX6000. I use the same gateway address for both, 192.168.0.1

Problem is i cant load the Archers settings, the browser always says its blocked like there is a network error. I even did 2 fresh browser installs to check on those any i still couldnt get to the page.

Could adguard be doing this and if so what setting should i be looking for?

I was on the phone for an hour and a half with their support trying to figure this out but we had no luck. It works on another PC in my house and the only real difference is adguard is installed on this pc but not the one that let me login to the router

Also i could login on this PC but only in safe mode with networking

Thanks

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Try adding it to the HTTPS exclusions list (if it's not already there) and see what happens.

d0x

Try adding it to the HTTPS exclusions list (if it's not already there) and see what happens.
Already there unfortunately. I'm not certain adguard has anything to do with it I'm trying to rule it out.

So far I've rules out win10 firewall and defender.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Hello, dear @d0x!

Can you try to add this user rule @@||192.168.0.1^$important
Or this one: @@192.168.0.1$network

If it doesn't work, could you record a Debug log with and without a rule enabled?

Any luck?

d0x

Sorry for the delay it's been insane but the issue was fixed last night.

I gave up and got a tech from Comcast to come out and it took him 3 hours to figure it out because none of it made a bit of sense.

I meant to update the post here but I've been exhausted so I apologise for that.

This one is officially solved and Comcast gave me 2 free months of internet to make up for the 3 days of pure hassle. Which was 2 hours on the phone with Netgear, another 2 hours with tplink, 6 hours of my own time wondering what the hell was happening.

How could 2 routers (nighthawk xr500 & a brand new ax6000) be dead, multiple cat5e cables not work and a full reset of Win10 do nothing...sigh

Suffice to say it had nothing to do with adguard, any software, my PC or equipment.

Thank you for following up, I really appreciate it. I didn't think it was adguard related at all but I was trying to eliminate as much as possible.

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
I'm glad to hear you were able to solve the problem.
Let me know if you have any further questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.