[Resolved] Protopage.com

AnthonyG

I am calling this a false positive as I am not sure where to put it. But Adguard is messing up Protopage.com all of a sudden. It has been doing this for the last few days. The screen text is black and the page is messed up. Its also not blocking the banner at the top of the page no more too.

I have temporarily disabled adguard and protopage is fine so it is definitely adguard causing it.

I am using v6.2.357 and latest filters.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Which filter lists do you have enabled?

I just tried to reproduce this and can't (all text loads). Have you tried clearing the browser cache?

AnthonyG

I have user filter and english filter. I have just tried it on three browsers (Chrome, Firefox and Edge) and all three did it. I did a trial and error. I disabled the user filter and refreshed. And all was the same.

I then renabled the user filter and then disabled the English Filter and this fixed the issue. So its a problem with the English Filter causing it.

Here is what I see on the screen with the English filter enabled.

Attachments

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Site is not giving content every time even without adblockers.

Try this rule:
Code:
@@||protopage.com^$generichide
protopage.com#@#div[style$="width: 770px; height: 100px;"]
If first rule is not working, try add the 2nd too.

ag_bug_finder

Beta Tester
I use Protopage, and have been using it for a long time now.
I was on Adguard's back to get Protopage support fully, and they have done so for a while now.

These two rules will fix the issues you've been having with Protopage, I guarantee it.

Code:
@@||protopage.com^$elemhide
protopage.com#%#(function(){var pageParams={};Object.defineProperty(window,"pageParams",{get:function(){return pageParams},set:function(){}});Object.defineProperty(pageParams,"dispAds",{get:function(){return false},set:function(){}});Object.defineProperty(pageParams,"attemptDisplayAdAtBottom",{get:function(){return false},set:function(){}})})();

Alex302

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I use Protopage, and have been using it for a long time now.
I was on Adguard's back to get Protopage support fully, and they have done so for a while now.

These two rules will fix the issues you've been having with Protopage, I guarantee it.

Code:
@@||protopage.com^$elemhide
protopage.com#%#(function(){var pageParams={};Object.defineProperty(window,"pageParams",{get:function(){return pageParams},set:function(){}});Object.defineProperty(pageParams,"dispAds",{get:function(){return false},set:function(){}});Object.defineProperty(pageParams,"attemptDisplayAdAtBottom",{get:function(){return false},set:function(){}})})();
Added that rules again.
I thought the issue is resolved.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Site is looking fine to me. Please post a screenshot.

Deadhead

Beta Tester
Adguard works just fine. I was hoping to also get the filter to work in ublock origin but it doesn't anymore. Thanks!