[Resolved] Quora Login Popup Not Removed

CoolDude2001

I tried enabling each and every feature of the AG beta version . I even used "Annoyanced" extension but all in vain. The Popup still appears at every new link click .

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Working fine Here with latest Annoyances filter for me.

CoolDude2001

IMG-20191214-WA0003.jpg
Working fine Here with latest Annoyances filter for me.
Only the login/signup link has disappeared, rest remains the same. Any suggestions about that?
P.S. screenshot was prohibited due to some privacy policy , therefore I had to take this shot using another device

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Reproduced on Chrome Extension. Hiding it will break login window if user is on that site and then decides to press on Login button.

For user filter:
Code:
quora.com#?#.signup_wall_prevent_scroll div[id*="_signup_wall_wrapper"]:has(> div > .inner:not(:has(> div.dismiss_button:first-child)))
Any other idea @Adam? Removing the cookie "m-b" works, but remove scripts I tried are not working (and
AG_removeCookie too).

Last edited:

Adam

Filters Developer
Staff member
I have a JS rule in my notes.
It seems that it works fine in case of mobile website, but in case of desktop website, after clicking on "Sign in" button, it's impossible to close overlay.
Code:
quora.com#%#AG_onLoad(function(){function b(){a.style.display="none"}function c(){a.style.display="block"}var a=document.querySelector('div[id$="_signup_wall_wrapper"]'),d=document.querySelector('div[id$="_signup_wall_wrapper"] .new_signup_dialog'),e=document.querySelector("div.signup_login_buttons .signup"),f=document.querySelector('div[id$="_signup_wall_wrapper"] .modal_signup_background'),g=document.querySelector("div.signup_login_buttons .action_button");a&&d&&e&&(a.style.display="none",d.addEventListener("click", b,!1),e.addEventListener("click",c,!1));a&&f&&g&&(a.style.display="none",f.addEventListener("click",b,!1),g.addEventListener("click",c,!1))});

Last edited:

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
So sadly also no good rule :(
Any Idea about removing the cookie via rules?

Adam

Filters Developer
Staff member
I think that it's not so bad, usually if someone clicking on "Sign in" button, means that want to sign in, but maybe later I will fix it.

Regarding removing cookies, seems that this rule works:
Code:
||quora.com^$cookie=/^m-b\$/
but it also breaks "Sign in" button.

Adam

Filters Developer
Staff member
This rule should works fine:
Code:
quora.com#%#AG_onLoad(function(){function b(){a.style.display="none"}function c(){a.style.display="block"}var a=document.querySelector('div[id$="_signup_wall_wrapper"]'),d=document.querySelector('div[id$="_signup_wall_wrapper"] .new_signup_dialog'),e=document.querySelector("div.signup_login_buttons .signup"),f=document.querySelector('div[id$="_signup_wall_wrapper"] .modal_signup_background'),g=document.querySelector("div.signup_login_buttons .action_button"),h=document.querySelector(".dialog.modal_signup_dialog"); elPC4=document.querySelector(".modal_signup_dialog > .dialog_wrapper");a&&d&&e&&(a.style.display="none",d.addEventListener("click",b,!1),e.addEventListener("click",c,!1));a&&f&&g&&h&&elPC4&&(a.style.display="none",h.style.zIndex="unset",elPC4.style.zIndex=9999,f.addEventListener("click",b,!1),g.addEventListener("click",c,!1))});
At least works fine on my end.

CoolDude2001

I have a JS rule in my notes.
It seems that it works fine in case of mobile website, but in case of desktop website, after clicking on "Sign in" button, it's impossible to close overlay.
Code:
quora.com#%#AG_onLoad(function(){function b(){a.style.display="none"}function c(){a.style.display="block"}var a=document.querySelector('div[id$="_signup_wall_wrapper"]'),d=document.querySelector('div[id$="_signup_wall_wrapper"] .new_signup_dialog'),e=document.querySelector("div.signup_login_buttons .signup"),f=document.querySelector('div[id$="_signup_wall_wrapper"] .modal_signup_background'),g=document.querySelector("div.signup_login_buttons .action_button");a&&d&&e&&(a.style.display="none",d.addEventListener("click", b,!1),e.addEventListener("click",c,!1));a&&f&&g&&(a.style.display="none",f.addEventListener("click",b,!1),g.addEventListener("click",c,!1))});
This Rule works only for the first Click. If I try to move on to 3rd page then the page appears without an answer!

CoolDude2001

Code:
quora.com#%#AG_onLoad(function(){function b(){a.style.display="none"}function c(){a.style.display="block"}var a=document.querySelector('div[id$="_signup_wall_wrapper"]'),d=document.querySelector('div[id$="_signup_wall_wrapper"] .new_signup_dialog'),e=document.querySelector("div.signup_login_buttons .signup"),f=document.querySelector('div[id$="_signup_wall_wrapper"] .modal_signup_background'),g=document.querySelector("div.signup_login_buttons .action_button"),h=document.querySelector(".dialog.modal_signup_dialog"); elPC4=document.querySelector(".modal_signup_dialog > .dialog_wrapper");a&&d&&e&&(a.style.display="none",d.addEventListener("click",b,!1),e.addEventListener("click",c,!1));a&&f&&g&&h&&elPC4&&(a.style.display="none",h.style.zIndex="unset",elPC4.style.zIndex=9999,f.addEventListener("click",b,!1),g.addEventListener("click",c,!1))});
Yup! It works absolutely fine. I can open as many answer as required without any issue!

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Code:
Thank you, working too. Added to filters.