[Resolved]safelinking (help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkVSVS

Hi, keep in mind that I'm a total noob with this program. I'm not sure how to add filters , etc. I've never done that. But premium adguard I'm using mostly works flawlessly (for me) but it's blocking safelinking.net. Can someone give me "idiot" instructions on how to resolve this? Thanks :)

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
@MarkVSVS
Hello there!

Please specify what exactly happens when you go to the specified site?
Do you use custom filters?
You can always add a domain to the filtering exception.
Open AdGuard settings > Network > Exclusions and add the domain

MarkVSVS

No, I haven't touched any filters since downloading the program. I'm using the nightly build. Yes, I went into settings and added safelinking.net to exclusions under network......but when I go there, I still get safelinking.net's server address could not be found. If I exit adguard completely it still won't load. On my other laptop, the site loads fine (that laptop doesn't have adguard so I'm assuming it's something adguard is blocking.

Attachments

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Provided that protection is disabled and the site still remains unavailable, it can be concluded that access is not blocked by AdGuard at all.
Maybe you have third-party DNS, antivirus or VPN installed?

MarkVSVS

Hi .. You were right. It is something with my laptop.....not Adguard. To be sure, I uninstalled Adguard with revo to remove all traces.... Now, there's another problem. I'm having trouble reinstalling Adguard correctly. It shows successfully installed, but it doesn't show up in taskbar nor does it show up in x86 program files...when I attempt to install it, the install is done in a second, no loading or anything. Did I break something uninstalling?

MarkVSVS

Yep I had to use the adguard uninstaller. That worked. I also fixed my problem. It was in the network wifi adapter under properties. Somehow the DNS got changed.......that's where my original problem was.

Status
Not open for further replies.