[Resolved]Something went wrong error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastet

Member
Running the latest AdGuard version.
Windows 1909.
On occasion after a restart I receive a ‘something went wrong’ error, another restart usually corrects it. I’ve uninstalled via Revo uninstaller & reinstalled but problem remains.
The problem seems to occur after AG has updated the filters.
Problem still there after upgrading Windows to 2004 but was worse, the error appeared even when I hadn’t restarted & restarting didn’t fix the problem; it took several restarts to get it working again.
I contacted support (No: 1864574) who suggested to remove all NET framework updates which cannot be done on Windows 10 afaik nor can I reinstall as it’s already installed.
I’ve also run sfc which doesn’t correct the problem.

Is there anything else I can try?

Tia,
Virginia.
 
Last edited:

Bastet

Member
Unfortunately problem remains & has added another problem, when running filter updates all returned ‘error’. I restarted the laptop & problem was back.
 

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Moderator
Check your HOSTS file for any adguard.com (like api.adguard.com) entries. Usually errors when checking for updates usually means there's something that blocked AG's ability to update via the HOSTS file.
 

Bastet

Member
Currently restoring Windows via a Macrium image as there were no problem with updating filters before uninstalling AdGuard.
 

Bastet

Member
According to support the only way to fix the problem is to disable the adblocking - WFP driver - as this is also used by Malwarebytes for web protection.
I just disabled dynamic lock which seems to have worked.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top