[Resolved] Turkish Filter Rules Suggest

yigido

Translator
Hello,

I am one of the Turkish users of Adguard. Some English filters are inadequate in Turkish pages.
So I searched about it and I found something for special filters on Turkish sites. Maybe you can harvest some generic rules for Turkish users?

Can you please look at this list, it seems old but it has generic filters
https://www.fanboy.co.nz/fanboy-turkish.txt

What do you think about it? Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi!

No updates for 2 years?

If you are sure there is nothing better than this filter, we'll add it.

yigido

Translator
Hi!

No updates for 2 years?

If you are sure there is nothing better than this filter, we'll add it.
Yes you are right. As I said, it is old filter.
There is no filter for Turkish sites on the internet. I am sure it is the only source for my people.
If you do not want to add this because of its age. Maybe you can collect some element hiding and ad blocking generic rules in it. Please add it to Adguard English filter under --Turkish-- section..

What do you think?
Thank you for considering Avatar. I thought, you knew me on Malwaretips ;)

Sincerely,
yigido

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've just got an idea: why don't we have our own Turkish filter if there is no such filter out there?

We'll base it on this outdated list, but continue it's development.
The only thing we need to do this properly is missed ads reports:)

yigido

Translator
I've just got an idea: why don't we have our own Turkish filter if there is no such filter out there?

We'll base it on this outdated list, but continue it's development.
The only thing we need to do this properly is missed ads reports:)
I love this idea :)
I have another idea for Adguard then.. many users here use default settings. So they will not aware that there is such a filter..
Can the adguard enable this filter by default on browsers if the browser language is Turkish?

Can we do this?

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I love this idea :)
I have another idea for Adguard then.. many users here use default settings. So they will not aware that there is such a filter..
Can the adguard enable this filter by default on browsers if the browser language is Turkish?

Can we do this?
Of course. We do this already for others (when we have corresponding language-specific filter).

I've created a task on github for this:
https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardBrowserExtension/issues/32

yigido

Translator
What a nice new from you :) Because I spread this to my friends around here. I checked 500 most visited sites in Turkey (on alexa) to check missed ads..
This filter will be nice.. When will you release the new version of extension? and can you please give me the url of our new Turkish list?

Thanks

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
When will you release the new version of extension? and can you please give me the url of our new Turkish list?

Thanks
We'll release add-on update next week with some minor bugfixes and this new filter.
Publishing takes some time so it should be ready by the end of the week.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We've finally released version 2.0.16 which brings recently created Turkish filter.

Chrome
Available in chrome webstore.

Firefox
Signed version is available on our website:
http://adguard.com/en/adguard-adblock-browser-extension/overview.html

AMO version is also updated, but as it is not yet signed and reviewed I recommend to use the one from the website.

Opera
Submitted, waiting for review.

Safari
Submitted, waiting for review.

Last edited by a moderator: