[Resolved] weather.com on Android

steve1209

Beta Tester
Hi,

I wonder why this problem hasn't been looked at, it's 5 days old now? The problem still exists and there has not been a support answer, I keep updating my filters on my Android Tablet to no avail...Didn't I give enough info about the missed Ad's to resolve the problem? If you need more info please let me know...

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We apologize for the late reply. There is enough info for now from your side, @Alex302 will have a look on this issue today.

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Steve, sorry for delay, I am all in v6 development now, don't have enough time:(

Can't see ads on this page. Could you please show the screenshot?

Also I'd like to know what browser do you use? Is it Chrome or something else?

P.S. @Alex302, where have you been?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Okay, I've got a way to view the mobile version of sites in Google Chrome for Windows (User Agent Switcher extension) since Adguard for Android doesn't have a way to block ads there (yet). Without a screenshot of the ads, I can't tell what ads you're seeing. However, I do see a grey area with an ad for the Weather Channel Android app at the top which can be removed. If that's what you're seeing, try this rule;

Code:
m.weather.com###smartbanner
This rule can probably be added to the Mobile filter. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you, Boo! Added to English filter. Mobile is for apps, not for websites.

steve1209

Beta Tester
Hi Guys,

My Android tablet just now upgraded to Chrome Beta 41.0.2272.34 and I just updated my Adguard filters and now the Ads are gone that I saw earlier and last night. Very strange but I'm glad its fixed now