[Resolved]Whitelist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josephine Kelly

Just added a new extension which allows sites to make a donation to my selected charity when purchasing. This is GiveasYouLive and they have issued instructions how to whitelist for nearly all the ad blocking programs, ie Adblock, Adblock Plus etc, except Adguard for Windows (Chrome). When I try to make a purchase, then the notice comes up about an adblocker stopping this on all the purchase sites.

I have tried corresponding with Adguard but their instructions are so vague (so far) so I thought I would do better here. How can I add this extension to a whitelist for Adguard and step by step would be appreciated.

Josephine Kelly

Sorry, I am all at sea with this. Should I not see something called Adguard Assistant somewhere which is supposed to make it easy, or is this a separate extension of some sort which I have yet to install? Anyway there is an address for whitelist which is given out by GiveasyouLive which is https://www.giveasyoulive.com/giveasyouliveadblock.txt for the other blockers but either I am trying to add this in the wrong place or heading, or it won't work for Adguard as it does for the other adblocker programs. If you are feeling especially kind, maybe you could look at the GiveasyouLive site? I obviously need baby steps or I shall have to revert to Adblock Plus!!

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Those do you did not see the AdGuard assistant's shield when moving to the webpage?
Try to reinstall the application, then clean the browser cookie and check again.

Josephine Kelly

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and cleared cookies, but still cannot get rid of the block. eg I go to any retail website which immediately asks if I wish to implement a charity contribution from the retailer (GiveasYouLive extension shows with a heart at the top of the browser). I click on yes and am immediately shown that an adblocker is preventing this and to add to whitelist. This is where I am stumped. What should I do next? If I left click on the Adguard icon in the system tray, I am not given any option except to disable but can find Filter Editor in Advanced. I still see nothing like the screen you showed.

Josephine Kelly

Thank you for your perseverance! I navigated to Extensions as your links showed and it is there and enabled (it was not there on the previous installation). So when I visit a retail site, what do I then do to bring up the option to exclude the blocker?

Josephine Kelly

Some progress..... the icon has appeared on websites now and I have located it where I want it and can see it. So when I come on to a site where Adguard is blocking, then in left click Assistant, what option do I click to remove the block?

Josephine Kelly

Some progress..... the icon has appeared on websites now and I have located it where I want it and can see it. So when I come on to a site where Adguard is blocking, then in left click Assistant, what option do I click to remove the block?

Josephine Kelly

Getting the hang of it now that the icon is there. The reinstall did the trick really. Is it best when using Assistant to click option to turn off filtering on a particular site permanently if I always want to make a donation whenever I purchase or just want to browse it, or I see the 30 second turn off lets me in but is probably not long enough.

Josephine Kelly

That's great and all is working now as I need it to be. I would like to thank you for staying with me until this was sorted and have told Adguard themselves that I received the needed help from the forum (certainly not from them, who only wanted screenshots etc which I found difficult). So many thanks from this silver surfer lady!

Status
Not open for further replies.