Return AdGuard to DEFAULT settings

Lode

To return Adguard to default settings:

Right-click on Adguard icon in tray, choose 'Advanced' -> 'Reset settings to defaults'.

Last edited:

Gass

LET IT BE KNOWN
This needed it's own Thread & Topic to be easily found on the forums, instead of being buried in some comments on another threads topic and subject.

I know I could of used it a few times in my early install days of experimentations.
It'll be a life saver to some !
And keep them from having to uninstall and re-install Adguard
to get back to original defaults...

or not if they try Uninstalling and if they forget to
also check the [] box (also delete setting) when uninstalling Adguard - as @Lode pointed out in his comment-
This time I checked the "Also delete settings" box on the default AdGuard Uninstall panel.

Gass

Last edited:

Lode

By typing the word default in the search bar this thread and the other with explanation come up.

Still think it is a good idea to add this explanation to the Q&A list also. But at least on this forum it will be found typing in the word default.

Gass

Still think it is a good idea to add this explanation to the Q&A list also. But at least on this forum it will be found typing in the word default.
I think it's just a matter of time till this will be added to the Q's & A's list as some things are of a higher priority than others.
Then also of the Adguard's Team member assigned to such tasks may be of a few or even one. As this reply of Avatar's said in one
of my Thread Topics-
@aegis is working on a new better knowledge base about all Adguard products.
and this may be of help to some readers here as well as Avatar pointed me to it-
A lot is outdated. I guess last time this doc was updated in 2013.

Also you'd better use this link (https seems to be broken):
http://adguard.com/en/help/
NOTE: as admitted a lot is out dated in the documented material of Adguard and it's being worked on to be updated. I personally like the program updates and bug fixes to stay of a high priority and ask my questions here.
Still if anyone needs to know something that's where the forums comes in handy as you'll get the most up to date information to your questions or concerns.

Gass

Last edited: