Safari 12.0 removed AdGuard button on its menu bar

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Mac)' started by Stewart Gooderman, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Stewart Gooderman

Stewart Gooderman New Member

Just updated to Safari 12.0. When I reopened Safari, it said it was removing the AdGuard button because it is slowing things down and has an update. I couldn't find an update anywhere. The button in the lower right corner is still there.

2. Delerium

Delerium New Member

Same with me...

3. Ronin427

Ronin427 Beta Tester

Apple will close the usual extensions by the end of the year. They want everyone to switch to Mac Extensions.:(

But Safari 12 shows the Favicon.:)

4. TheHasagi

TheHasagi Quality Assurance / Support Commando Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hello!

Soon there will be an article about this situation.

For now, go to the Safari settings - Extensions and enable AdGuard once.

5. Stewart Gooderman

Stewart Gooderman New Member

It's back! Thank you. I wish Apple would have just given us a warning and we could make the decision for ourselves rather than automatically cutting it, saying there was a new version (a lie) and not telling us that reactivation was available. That was *not* nice Apple!

6. TheHasagi

TheHasagi Quality Assurance / Support Commando Staff Member Administrator Moderator

7. Steve Harper

Steve Harper New Member

I do not have AdGuard in Preferences/Extensions anymore. How can I add it back. I have the button at bottom right but no way to register my software.

8. TheHasagi

@Steve Harper

Looks like Safari has turned it off, more information you can find in this article.

You can find it here -
    screenshot[​IMG]

9. BioBoostedOne

BioBoostedOne New Member

I thought I read a while back if we're using the Mac app, we shouldn't use the browser extension, just the helper. Should we be using both now?

10. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

There's no reason to use the AG browser extension in Safari if you're already using the AG for Mac app. Mostly because Safari still doesn't support what's needed to get integration mode working (where you can use the AG browser extension as a replacement for the AG Assistant in AG for Win/Mac) and using both at the same time would be counterproductive.