Save settings to file and restore settings

Discussion in 'Feature Requests (AdGuard for Windows)' started by ag_bug_finder, Jun 29, 2016.

1. ag_bug_finder

ag_bug_finder Beta Tester

Adguard needs to have an option where the user can save ALL settings to a file, and then restore ALL settings from the file.
    Some of the stuff that needs to be saved and restored are:
    - All the settings and the way those settings are configured exactly.
    - Any filters the user. This should be ALL filters, be it user filters, or any other types.
    - The say the filter is currently configured. This means that, for example, any rules disabled within filters should be saved and resorted the exact way.
    - Any license file information.

This way, a user can set up Adguard once, and know that they can safely back up everything and restore in a matter of seconds after installing on a clean PC or after a system reformat.

AdMuncher had a very good save and restore system. It even let you select what to save/restore.

2. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

We already have plans to implement synchronization. There will be presumable an option to synch all your settings either through personal account on adguard.com or through external services like Google Drive or Dropbox. Probably every user will have different profiles that he can dedicate to Android settings, Windows settings etc.

3. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Hopefully with the option to cross-sync certain things between all profiles (e.g. user filter rules). :D

4. worldsdream

worldsdream Beta Tester

That is exactly what I am missing, Syncing User-filter across all my devices.

5. vasily_bagirov

vasily_bagirov Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Absolutely. Of course, not all settings can be transitioned from, say, Windows version to Android. But for things like User filter rules there will be such a possibility.

6. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Generally export/import settings feature is a prerequisite for syncing. What's difficult is to make settings export/import cross-platform.

7. freshhh

freshhh Active Member

Please add an option to backup/restore settings locally.
    I don't care about a cross-platform option and I'm totally against cloud backup solution just allow us a simple local backup option in next release. Thanks.